Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize project documets into folders from within advance steel?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Kirk_bailey
227 Views, 2 Replies

Organize project documets into folders from within advance steel?

is it possible to organize the created project documents (i.e list's & details) into their own folders within advance steel? Such as a multi level building, level 1 can have all of level one drawings and lists and level 2 can have all of level 2's associated files. is that possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gvm
Collaborator
in reply to: Kirk_bailey

hi,

lists is not possible, but when you save it you can give a list your own name , for example " level 1 beam list" etc etc.

details is more complicated, when you add phases to level with the selection box "on" you will have drawings with the phase name in de detail drawing name. thatś the only way now to give it a personal touch

I hope that the developers built a map structure in the Doc manager so we can drag and drop details in to a map for each phase or level.

good luck

Think outside the box.
And a computer doesn't make a mistake, its always the guy behind.

Best Regards.
Message 3 of 3
iwafb
in reply to: gvm

In my opinion, the doc manager is definitely an area where vast improvements can be made. Definitely, having flexibility with a folder structure would be great. But at least, being able to only load displayed objects into the doc manager would go a long way to simplifying the process.

The batch plotting function should be fixed too. It should run from the doc manager, not publish, so that you don't have to double process the drawings. But it should have "publish like" functionality...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report