Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Prototype to 2023

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Julio_Soto
317 Views, 8 Replies

Upgraded Prototype to 2023

I'm using AS 2023 and when I create a drawing I get this message

Julio_Soto_1-1723741546828.png

It says my prototype is from a former release AS 2021. I've opened this prototype in AS 23 and saved but I still get this message. Anyone know how to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Rob_Merriman
in reply to: Julio_Soto

Hi @Julio_Soto 

Do you have any BOMs on that prototype if so you will need to open and save those as they will still be 2021 versions 

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Julio_Soto
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

I do not have boms in the prototype 

Message 4 of 9
Rob_Merriman

@Julio_Soto 

Could you upload your prototype so we can have a look

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Julio_Soto
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

Sure, thanks for taking a looK!

Message 6 of 9
AleckGiles

Hi,

The prototype is definitely in AS2023 format and is fine for me. Perhaps you have linked files like a UPD  or MDF file with the prototype in the folder on disk. Make sure the DWG is the only file with this name in that folder and test again.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 7 of 9

I have had this problem when the user doesn't have permissions to the Data Folder that contains the prototype.  Even opening and "saving" says everything is fine, but it doesn't actually save/update anything because you don't have permission to change stuff in the Data Folder.

Message 8 of 9
Julio_Soto

So it looks like I had to upgrade all the symbols that get imported into the drawing as well. It's a bit irritating that AutoDesk doesn't just upgrade these themselves when they put out a release lol.  Anyways, this was the fix for me.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Drawing-conversion...

Message 9 of 9
sales7NF7D

Interesting.

I have heard that we should all do a Project Convert on all the country folders that we use to ensure the latest .dwg are used and the everything is using the most current version of the SQL databases.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report