Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Stairs

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kyle
7340 Views, 5 Replies

Moving Stairs

Is there any way to move a set of stairs after they have been drawn? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Emanuel.Nestor
in reply to: kyle

Hello Kyle,

For sure, you can move the AS elements after creation.

General rules:

- if the AS elements are controled / created by a joint --> you have to move the input elements of the joint (the structural element)

- if the AS elements are independent --> you can move them directly, by MOVE command

If you have the stair(s) controled by joint (you did not erased the grey cuboid or the white cuboid), then you have to select and move the structural element that control the stair.

Normally, a white cuboid (the structural which control the stair elements) should be placed on the layer MacroBoxes.

Select the cuboid and use the MOVE command.

If you do not see the white cuboid of stair, check first the layer MacroBoxes to be turned ON.

If it is still not visible, the cuboid could be turned OFF.

Select all structural elements:

Advance Tool Palette --> Selection filters page --> Structural Elements

Change the representation of selected objects to Standard:

Advance Tool Palette --> Quick views page --> Standard presentation

Please let me know if this helped you.

Regards,
Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 3 of 6
kyle
in reply to: Emanuel.Nestor

I followed your instructions and I'm still not seeing the white or grey cuboids. Also, I don't have a layer called MacroBox.

Message 4 of 6
Emanuel.Nestor

Hello Kyle,

If you do not have the structural element (white cuboid), it means that the stair joint is already exploded.

You have only basic AS elements (beams, plates, bolts).

In this case you should be able to move the elements by selecting them and using MOVE command.

If you cannot do that, please send me the 3D model to take a look.

Regards,

Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 5 of 6
Emanuel.Nestor

Just to be sure: where do you want to move the stairs - in 3D model or in detail drawing ?

Regards,

Emy

Emy Nestor
Message 6 of 6
kyle
in reply to: Emanuel.Nestor

It was in the 3d model.  I see my problem now.  I had the view set to realistic instead of wire frame.  Once I changed the view type I see the cuboids that you were talking about. 

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report