Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Export doesn't work properly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
leo.tavakoli
306 Views, 6 Replies

IFC Export doesn't work properly

Hi all,

I tried to export my Advance Steel model to IFC format. The problem that I encountered is that as you can see in the pics attached, some connections become corrupted. As you can see the connection plate changes position in the exported file, etc.

Do you guys know what should I do to get an accurate IFC export?

Best Regards,

Leo

ifc 1.PNGifc 2.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

could you have look, how far your model is located from WCS 0,0,0 ?

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 7

Hi Sebastian

It's right on the spot. WCS is located at the intersection of grids G and 1. 

ifc.PNG

Regards,

Leo

Message 4 of 7

do you double check it with another viewer? Maybe the issue is just appearing in this viewer?

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 7
mick-CNF
in reply to: leo.tavakoli

@leo.tavakoli  what connection are you using for the column and rafter?

If this information solves your problem please accept as a solution.
Message 6 of 7

Hi Sebastian,

I opened it in other viewer programs and the problem persist. My intention was to export the advance steel model into a revit file. I found that using the revit export extension (which uses .smlx format) doesn't work properly as it fails to export plates. It failed to export any of my columns and rafters which are in fact created as a tapered beam and also any of stiffeners and base plates.

The other solution that works better for me is to export the A.S model as ifc format and then import it into revit, Which in this case some connections become disfigured. The problem with the IFC export is that it cannot recognize some of the polygon cuts and the member is shown as uncut which results is being disfigured.

Best Regards,

Leo

Message 7 of 7
leo.tavakoli
in reply to: mick-CNF

Hi Mick,

I have used and End Plate connection with some extra plates that I created manually.

Best Regards,

Leo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report