Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add a code number to a part?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
eyal.ch
244 Views, 6 Replies

how to add a code number to a part?

Hi All,

I want to add a catalogue number to each part and assembly manually, and I want it to be displayed in the BOM lists.

eyalch_0-1671528949729.png

where can I enter it for each part and assembly and how should I do it?

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: eyal.ch

automatic? not without third party tools.

by your own:

• select the bolt + select similar (AutoCAD)
  • enter the code in a property like itemnumber
  • add the column "itemnumber" in the BOM list

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 7
eyal.ch
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Hi @Sebastian_Eiche ,

I didn't understand how to do.

If you can be more specific.

where can I enter the item number? here?:

eyalch_0-1671543398191.png

Message 4 of 7
Sebastian_Eiche

In the tab Naming you will find Itemnumber.

But this will not shown in the bom list out of the box. Therefore you had to change your BOM Template.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Ad...

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 5 of 7
C_Reiter

So I am guessing you want the item numbers(Single part mark) on an external BOM. There are two types of Bolt List you can make. 

1.) Exploded Bolt List that will bolt, washers, and nuts(see picture below). As far as I can tell there is no way to add a item numbers. You would have to export the list to Excel and add them manually.

ASF21.PNG

2.) Non-Exploded bolt list(See picture below). You can add the "Single part mark" two ways. You can it manually with

"Advanced Properties". You can add it automatically by using a "Standard Part Template" when numbers. You would have to number bolts when doing numbering.

ASF22.PNG

Message 6 of 7
daniel.tarnowski

Under the Naming section, at the bottom where it says Free Remark

danieltarnowski_0-1671563109695.png

If used in conjunction with a material list (Beam List shown below), the value you enter shows up in the "Remarks" column.

danieltarnowski_1-1671563260488.png

Message 7 of 7

If you wanted to change it to the User Attribute you depicted, you would need to change the field content from "Free Remark" to "User Attribute x" (X is the user attribute number)

To do so, right click with the cursor above the "Free Remark", Select Field content, and from there choose which user attribute you wish to use.

danieltarnowski_0-1671563663693.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report