Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Getting Started with Advance Steel

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
405 Views, 3 Replies

Help Getting Started with Advance Steel

Hi All

I have started a new job and my new employer committed to Advance Steel prior to me starting. I am an experienced Tekla user and have done a 3 day training course with AS. The thing is, I am really struggling to figure out how to use AS. I can't do basic 'one-off' connections or simple things like putting a hole in a beam. No other detailers in the company to lean on either. Really struggling with the basics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks D

*This topic's title has been edited by camilo.lemos for clarity

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CHRIS_ASDL
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

There are lots of informative videos on Youtube and plenty of articles on the Advance Steel Knowledge Network. Try searching this forum or If you can be more specific in the areas you need help then I'm sure people on here will be more then happy to help.

Maybe ask your employer for more training as 3 days will only scratch the surface.

Hope that helps.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU...

Kind Regards

Chris
Message 3 of 4
chrisengg
in reply to: CHRIS_ASDL

You can buy a reference book by Deepak Maini

He also has video lessons online which are activated once you buy the book and email him the code in the book

Pretty straight forward book for beginners

Message 4 of 4
Jakub.Brozonowicz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Darren,

Please check an officially published list of available training resources.

Where to find training resources for Autodesk products

---------------------------------------------
If this post answer your question please click "Accept as Solution". It will help everyone to find answer more quickly!

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report