Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fascia not modelling right

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
faijanuddinshaikh
192 Views, 2 Replies

Fascia not modelling right

I'm trying to model a fascia which is folded on multiple sides. It doesn't look right and it says it can't be unfolded properly after applying check. What did I do wrong? I've attached the DWG file in this post. Please help.

faijanuddinshaikh_0-1704262997203.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @faijanuddinshaikh,

Advance Steel is no really 3D CAD and not at all for bent sheets .... in my opinion 2,5D only. 

If you change the bending radius to 3mm (R=0 -> kink, no bend), it will be better, but still unusable. There is simply a lack of tools for sheet metal processing (real bends, cut offs, ... what you know from real 3D CAD)

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

The first question is what do you expect to happen at those corners in real life?  The edges to be folded together should match in length. If they do not then there should be a bend relief in the longer edge where the shorter edge ends. You could also clip off the little "tail" that you don't want.

You can model your own bend relief if you change the Display Type of the plate to Unfolded then add contour cuts to the relevant locations. When you change back to Standard Display Type the bend relief will be folded into the model.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report