Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explode folded plates to get IGES or IGS file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Javier_PastorF5M4F
179 Views, 2 Replies

Explode folded plates to get IGES or IGS file

Hi,

I have some folded plates and the supplier asked for an IGES file of each folded plate. I made a copy, explode all and exported one by one as an IGES. A bit annoying but I think it is the only way. The problem is that every folded plate is explode in plates and folded section as shown in the image, and I would need to merge them in one solid (the supplier needs it like that), but I cant join it. Does somebody know how to do it?

I saw quickly that with the extension GRAITEC you can export much more easy and in more formats. Does someone try it? Is it worth it?

THANKS!

exploded fodled plate.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you explode the folded plates, you should have 3D solids, with the command "_.union" these could be converted to one object (but depending on you model, sometimes it's not possible)

If you want to have an automatic way, it's only posssible with 3rd party tools from Graitec or Man and Machine. Both could handle it.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 3

Legend! It worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report