Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elgato stream deck

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
filip_denolf
6634 Views, 24 Replies

Elgato stream deck

i got the https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck-xl on my desk today.

does anyone know how i get the icons from advance steel in a .gif .bmp ... format.

i know when autocad uses toolbars you could find them.

Now i don't know anymore places to look...

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Which one do you need? the pics are all stored in different dll files. I saved some of them, but the way, the most user go: take a screenshot and save it as bmp

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 25

Some of the advance tool pallete.

But i will use your advice to take a screenshot (use magnifying glass first)
Message 4 of 25
filip_denolf
in reply to: filip_denolf

thx to matrix software to find an even better solution

matrix.png

Message 5 of 25
markhubrich

Hey filip how do you like your Elgato?
...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 6 of 25
filip_denolf
in reply to: markhubrich

Super tool! Don’t want to miss it anymore
Message 7 of 25
markhubrich

Was there any trick to getting Advance Steel to recognize any stream deck command? I can get it to work with other apps. Autocad does not respond to anything I do.

Message 8 of 25
filip_denolf

An example
Message 9 of 25
markhubrich

For example I put F8 on a key and nothing happens. If I click over to bluebeam and press button it toggle a menu. AutoCAD does nothing. 

Message 10 of 25

stream deck 1.PNG

stream deck 2.PNG

Message 11 of 25

Thanks for confirming. Exactly what I'm doing too. Advance Steel doesn't react though. It works great in Rhino3D and everything else. 😑

Message 12 of 25
filip_denolf

Did you “enter” or put a “space” after the commando?
Message 13 of 25
markhubrich

I tried both ways. It just will not interact in any way with the Acad instance. All other areas on my workstation receive some kind of proof of interaction from the buttons. Only Acad completely ignores any sign of Elgato.

Message 14 of 25

Did you make it default profile?
Maybe when autocad starts elgato takes an empty profile?
Message 15 of 25

I got it now. It doesn't like AS run as admin. Even if I run the app as admin. 

I didn't actually buy an Elgato. I am using my iPad with the Elgato app. I found something better though called Touch Portal. I can have 110 buttons and customized flows etc. I'll play with it for a few days and start a new post with how well it works out. So far it's pretty cool. For example I created an Ortho button based on F8 hotkey. I can have the button turn green while Ortho is active and gray when inactive. So many possibilities. 

Message 16 of 25

i'm looking forward to read your post about it 🙂

Also got the elgato

app but like my 32 button streamdeck more

Message 17 of 25
markhubrich

This has to be one of the most productive enhancements I have ever made to my workflow. This is why I love this community. 

PXL_20220106_203516312.jpg

I extracted every bmp and .ico file from every dll found in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2022 including all subfolders. 

There are 6902 of them total. 

They are attached if anyone's interested.

Message 18 of 25

I am, thx!

Message 19 of 25

in textwriter.PNG

pasteclip.PNG

pressed command line.PNG

 Hi, i'm trying "touch portal" too but every text action i'm getting pasteclip command.

When i'm first click in the command line and then the "touch portal" button, then the (in this example) save command works.

it seems i'm getting the problems with "touch portal" like you have with "stream deck"

Message 20 of 25
markhubrich

@tekenbureel.denolf I had the same experience with Touch Portal. It seems like it would be more customizable than Elgato so I tried it. Too bad it doesn't work. The only problem I had with Elgato was it doesn't like ACAD running in admin mode. It works fine for me now. I think my favorite function is the multiple command structure you can create. 

For example..  Hide roof deck:

AstM4CommModelSelection Query name:"ROOF DECK" Run Query?1 Folder name:"" Reset Data?0

_AstM4CommSelectMarkedObjects

AstM4SwitchReprMode_

hidedeck.jpg

After messing around I realized that I didn't need to use a multi action, but it works so I left it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report