Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

element contour UCS command in dynamo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sabbur.sardar7
201 Views, 3 Replies

element contour UCS command in dynamo

hallo, i have 58 members HSS 4*4 wich intersect 58 separate plates brace and gusset plate , i can cut HSS braces in an intersect location with gusset plates by element contour UCS but i want to know how to do this in dynamo ?

how to use element contour UCS in dynamo for all plates and members which i want in one step ,time less

how to cut and weld in dynamo? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
george1985
in reply to: sabbur.sardar7

Hi @sabbur.sardar7 ,
To weld two parts (two beams, two plates, or mixed) together, there is a "WeldPoint.ByPoint" node in Dynamo.

As for the first half of your question: I haven't quite understood. So you have plate stiffeners, which are being intersected with HSS profiles. You would like to cut both of them mutually - but in Dynamo (the way we do it with "Element Contour UCS" in Advance Steel UI)?

Message 3 of 4

thank you , my question is yes how to do element contour ucs in dynamo

2. how to apply this command to many beams in one action in advance steel and in dynamo which one is possible?

Message 4 of 4
george1985
in reply to: sabbur.sardar7

Hi @sabbur.sardar7 ,
For Dynamo: I think it would be more difficult to do this, than in regular Advance Steel UI.
There is a Dynamo node "BeamPolycut.FromListCurves", which can cut a beam for a list of curves. But that means you would have to find some logic in Dynamo, in order to create all those cutout curves. I would say, this is a more difficult approach.

For Advance Steel UI: I replied in your other topic:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/element-contour-rule-vs-element-contour-ucs-what-...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report