Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit BOM lists

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vuk.vukanic
327 Views, 1 Reply

Edit BOM lists

Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand how the BOMs work... Particularly  how the content is defined and sorted.

Since I'm not expecting a tutorial on BOM editing 🙂 here is a more specific situation:

I created 2 lists using a predefined BOM templates:

1. Material List

MatList.PNG

MatList2.PNG

2. Material List Summary

MatListSUM.PNG

MatListSUM2.PNG

3. Assembly List

ASList1.PNG

ASList2.PNG

And here are the questions:

1. Why is the Main part (and Summary name) name giving different values for MatList and ASList?

2. How is the content structure* defined in MatList and MatListSUM since the only difference I could find is in the Group Header? I'm trying to make changes to MatList so the result is identical to MatListSUM. I not making much progress lately and would appreciate some assistance.

*In MatList single parts are split into 2 groups, beams and plates, and after each is a footer with totaling amount, but in MatListSUM the same content is split according to specific sections. How is this achieved (defined)?

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Easy things are not worth the effort
http://www.teamcad.rs
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnjmbennett
in reply to: vuk.vukanic

The base of the BOM template is coded in the background of the xml.  There are several types , these types have their origin in the xml code.

the editor is the front end to allow you to adjust how it looks visually and content of the fields.

basically I have understood , if you need a Assembly list style you need to start with one with that basic format.

cheers

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report