Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of Drawing/Dimension Styles

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chrisengg
577 Views, 3 Replies

Copy of Drawing/Dimension Styles

I am getting copy of....as highlighted in black oval shape whenever I transfer my drawing styles, any way to avoid this

Example when I prepare drawing style presentation as Visible Hidden it shows as Copy of Visible Hidden in another computer when I load this

TIA

Untitled 1.pngUntitled 2.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bukko
in reply to: chrisengg

Chris,

You can't stop from happening but you can change the prefix in the Management tools. 

See the screen shot.   Unfortunately there's no way to stop this behavior at this time so exporting and importing drawing styles will eventually make your DSM a convoluted mess. 

Another "value added feature" of Advance Steel that has been requested many times over the years to be corrected but the dev team is busy working on Revit connections so that haven't got around to it yet.  

BTW if you haven't been warned yet..... DO NOT use the compact and purge utility in the DSM.  It's like playing Russian roulette with your database and it will eventually corrupt your database.

Regards

Craig

ECMS 

Prefix.png

Message 3 of 4
johnjmbennett

Prefix of copy, try to make this work for you, change it in the MT to suitable abbreviation, then in system you can see what was added, ( sometimes thought I wish it did not do this)

If you know what presentation it was suppose to be originally , swap it back for that in the style.

If you are carefully you can find the presenation rules in table editor (access ) and remove, a pain , but possible.

Asked a while back for some better copy,merge, skip opitions when importing, idea place on forum.

You are better to make one master dataset and copy that between machines.

You can reduce size of database , by using Microsoft access feature to compact , never had an issue with that.

2018, you would need to use the sql editor recommended, still WIP on that one.(asked for better table editor via idea forum)

It's not easy, but is possible, to keep data set reasonable clean.

Nothing's perfect, but we try to work with it for the time being.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
chrisengg

Thanks Bukko and John

I had tried compacting once and it messed up some of my drawing styles so not touching that feature at all

I think i will have to work with whatever is available as long as it does not interfere with the process

Regards

Francis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report