Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change the view scale.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1072 Views, 3 Replies

Cant change the view scale.

Hi Everybody

I am not able to change the view scale through Properties.

Attached image showing.

Kindly Explain.

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DumitruBerteanu
in reply to: Anonymous

When you try to change the scale, do you get any error messages in the command line ?

The change scale operation requires Advance Steel to perform a quick update, so the drawing needs to be registered to a model. You could also double check this by running a drawing update. If the drawing was moved away from its default folder structure in the project, then the quick update can't happen and the scale will not be changed (or any other operation that need an update, like create Cut view, apply / disable hidden lines, clipping etc.) 

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DumitruBerteanu

It not showing any visible massage box. maybe i didn't looked at command line but as i noticed that it don't react when i click ok.

It says in command. Detail not registered

Regards

Message 4 of 4
DumitruBerteanu
in reply to: Anonymous

If it say "Detail not registered", then this is the cause : as mentioned in my previous post, changing the scale requires a quick update, so Advance Steel needs to access the model. If the drawing is not registered - it can't access the model, so it can't update.

Please check if : 

- the drawing is registered in the model. Open the model, go to Document Manager and browse for it. If its not, then you need to register it by using the command "Register documents to model"

- make sure you save the model after registering the drawing, before closing it. A typical workflow issue that may lead to this is not saving the model after for example creating the drawings, so even if you created the files and they exist in the folder, because the model was not saved, the registration is lost.

- the drawing needs to be in the relative "Details" folder, together with the model (the same folder where Advance Steel generates it in the first place). 

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report