Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have Section Cuts auto on Handrail Assemblies?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
t.coble
728 Views, 6 Replies

Can you have Section Cuts auto on Handrail Assemblies?

Curious if there is a way to have cut views automatically be used on a top view of a handrail assembly?

It does it for the section cuts of a plate welded to a column for example but can you set it up to do the same here? see examples attached. I want it to look like the second image attached.

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AleckGiles
in reply to: t.coble

Hi,

Your images show simply left and right views. They are not really section views at all. You can set up a drawing style which creates a left and right view automatically relatively easily. If you ask for section views you will get one for each attached part not on the outside of the rail.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 3 of 7
t.coble
in reply to: AleckGiles

That does help! Thank you! But now I have another issue... I have my left and right views of it but on the left it is instead of looking left at the left of the assembly it is still wanting to look left from the right of it. You can tell from the hidden lines on our splice plate. I will attach images. and can you not set the depth of the view? No matter what I type in it never changes.

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 7
t.coble
in reply to: AleckGiles

scratch that. After looking closer it is not showing the left side at all. it is showing the left and right view of just the right side. I got in the model and checked the mark numbers and its not showing the left side at all.

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 7
crydee-AG

Hi,

Make sure the View Direction and Model Box settings are correct for the separate left and right view requests. Also, set the positioning to Automatic so it follows the correct view placement rules for your preferred projects (1st or 3rd Angle).

It is not possible to limit the depth of left and right views except based on how far past the ends of the main part. So unless your main part in every rail is always the same size this is not possible.

Message 6 of 7
t.coble
in reply to: crydee-AG

Here is the left side. The right side is doing what it is suppose to.

Tags (2)
Message 7 of 7
crydee-AG

Hi,

Setting the Z depth Front to zero means you are getting a section view on the face of the main part. You don't want that box ticked unless you want to generate section views. Also, check your main part if it is one of the parts on the right end that is confusing things. Normally it would be the top rail on the longest edge. There are tools on the Output > Part Marks ribbon panel for this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report