Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't move objects

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
10307 Views, 4 Replies

Can't move objects

Hi all-

I am having a problem in advanced steel 2017.   I am trying to model a set of stairs.  The problem is I cant use the move or rotate command to move or rotate the stairs once they are drawn.

I have changed the UCS to make sure I was on the XY plane, and I also tried others.  Nothing works.   When I try to move or rotate, the object snaps back to the original location and orientation.

I know it is something simple, but I cant find it.   I have also tried ortho snap on/off.

Any hints?

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AntDrt
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

maybe you have locked your layers ?

Antoine
AMG Fechoz
Serrurerie & Equipement Scénographique
www.amg-fechoz.com
Message 3 of 5
múinteoir

You need to use Advance Copy/Move/Rotate from the tools palette or change the visual style to wireframe and then select the Structural element frame to use the AutoCAD copy/move/rotate commands. 

The face of the BIM game | Former Autodesk Expert Elite | YouTuber | Lego Builder | Monaghan Man | Some Can, Some Cant
Message 4 of 5
AleckGiles
in reply to: múinteoir

HI,

Further to @múinteoir you need to use the comands on the Tools palette as these are Advance Steel commands that understand the Advance Steel elements rather than the commands on the modify palette that are plain AutoCAD commands and do not understand Advance Steel elements.

Also you must choose the joint box of the stair (or sturctural element) to perform the action on. You do not need to choose any of the members as these will follow.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

And the winner is ----Jonathan.hand---

Antdrt-  I did not lock the layer.

AleckGiles-  I tried to use the advanced steel command to rotate and it did not work

Jonathan.hand--- I switched to wireframe view and was able to rotate and the stairs.

Thanks for the quick help everybody!!!

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report