Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera views on Marking Plan Drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nevenmicic
215 Views, 3 Replies

Camera views on Marking Plan Drawings

Hey all,

I have researched this topic on the forum and found this thread :

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/cut-views-on-separate-drawing/td-p/9549674

I have followed the instructions and still cant get a dotted line or symbol on my marking plan drawing. 

The marking plan and detail drawing pdfs i have attached shows manual entries i did of what i need it to look like. I drew the boxes myself and added the labels, which is tedious and well.. wrong to do.

To be honest, i don't know why Advance Steel hasn't already incorporated this like other structural steel design software. It is the most basic necessity of a key plan and is an industry standard!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

nevenmicic_1-1656380541534.jpeg

nevenmicic_2-1656380562797.jpeg

nevenmicic_3-1656380570012.jpeg

I have added the Cameras Object in my object presentation 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nevenmicic
in reply to: nevenmicic

anyone able to help? 🙂 

Message 3 of 4
Jonathan3891

What exactly did you label manually?

Are any of your members defined as main parts?

Are you familiar with the insert label tool?

Jonathan Norton
Blog | Linkedin
Message 4 of 4
AleckGiles

Hi,

What is the content of the Cameras Model object? Obviously, it must be set to include camera objects of the types you want.

In your first screenshot, I can only see three cameras. I don't see any for the views on sheet 203. If those views are not created by cameras they will not be called up in the other views. Remember, it is the camera object that is called up not the view.

If you want to post your model I could try prodcuing simar views on my system with my styles.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report