Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM column widths

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
munrue
550 Views, 3 Replies

BOM column widths

I am attempting to produce some grating details. In the BOM I am running into a problem of the description over running the columns allowed and obscuring other columns. Also the length is shown twice? Attached is a sample photo of my problem.BOM.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
muleman1
in reply to: munrue

see if this thread helps

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/editing-template-for-lists-on-drawings/m-p/576236...

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 3 of 4
ChristianBlei

Hi,

Th external BOM allows the use of scripts to edit the data in the data field of a textfield.

Look at

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/advance-steel/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU...

You could use a script to limit the length of a string that is the data of a token. You would have to test how many letters will fit into your text box and then create a script to limit the string's length, like

= ILength.ToString.Substring(0,15). 0 is the start index of the substring, 15 its length....

This way you can avoid overlapping, but of course you may loose information that you need by cutting off a part of the string's end.

Christian Blei
CBT Christian Blei Tools
christianblei.de
youtube.com/channel/UCxjA_NbeScQy9C0Z1xjwXpw
Message 4 of 4
alickomay

iv been triying to remove the sizes after name  but cant figure out how 

so i kept them and removed the  length filed

i edited the  grating name in maneger tools it was "redman fisher 41-100-25x5" change to to GR 41-100-25x5 

and folled the   screencast from  muleman1 post above , to lengthen the profile field  an shorten the materal an weight

and removed unwonted fields such as area 

aded name and date field for sum traceability (use group maneger  to add new feilds to group)

if its a single part drawing with nothing els at top u can make the list really wide 

new grating bom.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report