Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best approach to changing prototype

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
michal.bytomskiECDMY
515 Views, 11 Replies

Best approach to changing prototype

Hi Everyone,

Can I get some hint how to approach changing prototype? My context is that i need to update drawing table in my existing documentation.

As far as I know there is no option to lock the views position so everytime I change prototype, views are rearanged which is pain in the back.

Is there any option to do it? I used a workaround and just edited the table block but it still takes lot of time.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

No, there is no option to lock the views in the prototype. I will need to rearrange it every time you update.

- Marque "Aceitar como Solução", caso tenha resolvido seu problema.

- Select "Accept as Solution", if it has soplved the problem.

- Clique em "Curtir" se a resposta ajudou.

- Click on "like" if the answer helped.

Antonio Dias

|Linkedin|Instagram|Facebook|Twitter|YouTube|

Colaborador da Comunidade de Usuários Autodesk Brasil

Message 3 of 12

Thank you for answer.

How about a LISB/VBA Macro that will just update the table block? For example cleaning it and importing it from external .dwg file. Is it possible?

Message 4 of 12

I assume that only the sheet format should be changed, as automatic re-sorting of the details is not desired. In this case I would simply insert the HYPERPAGEFRAME in the desired size and adjust the plot setting accordingly

Message 5 of 12

You might need to explain further to get a better understanding of the outcome you seek to achieve.  Why do you need to change the Prototype? What is driving that need?

Message 6 of 12

The situation is that I released many drawings to manufacturer on my company prototype with my drawing table (HYPERSTEELPAGEHEADER).

Now the Contractor required to release official drawings and the drawing table is modified to include more information.

So the easiest way would be to create new proto but because of this view rearangement i would need to arange all the views again which doesnt make sense.

Message 7 of 12

Here is an option that might work for your requirements.  The prototypes are just blocks in the drawing. It is possible to edit or replace blocks in drawings using scripts or third-party tools.  

I have xrefs in my prototypes, so I can change the xref files to change many drawings.

I would need more information about the type of change you are actually seeking to achieve to be able to provide other options.

Message 8 of 12

I just edited the HYPERSTEELPAGEHEADER block. It contains now additional rows with more adresses etc.

That's something i thought of in the first place - Since it is not possible to use batch replacement of prototype in my case, it would be best to have a script that replace content of HYPERSTEEELPAGEFRAME block with content from one source .dwg file (with new drawing table).

It would be great to make it in one run, selecting many drawings, but making it one by one still would be nice.

Unfortunately I don't have exp. in Lisp or VBA.

Message 9 of 12

Blocks can be redefined, including the plan header and frame, using the Design Center (AutoCAD function). Although only per opened drawing, no knowledge of LISP or VBA is required.

Message 10 of 12

Hey that works quite nice. Thank you for this hint.

Is there any option to also synchronize attributes quickly? I modified location of them in new table.

I mean if its possible from DesignCenter level?

Message 11 of 12

To synchronize attributes use BATTMAN (Block Attribute Manager)

Message 12 of 12

Try the ATTSYNC command , as part of the process, normally I would use this if attributes had been moved/altered within the block.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report