Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly into single parts

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cristianUL24T
245 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly into single parts

I created a beam (stringer) from a polyline, how can i create a single part drawing for each piece. I explode but it converts the beam into a 3d solid, i split the beam but it did not work because the stringer is in slope in the z direction and not straight  Untitled12.png 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Julio_Soto
in reply to: cristianUL24T

Well assuming you've already numbered Thr assembly and single parts, all you have to do select a single part an appropriate Drawing Style and then select the single parts. AS will generate a single part drawing for everything you select. 

Message 3 of 5
s_hannemann

Hi,

just split the beam at the breaking points and use miter cut. Should be easy and fast.

The only problem is, u cant use this command on poly beams. Only straight beams can be cut that way.

shannemann_0-1649919671026.png

hope that helps

Message 4 of 5

Dear,

https://autode.sk/3uLPXUM 

Thanks & Regards
S.MANICKAVASAGAM
FAB. DETAILER
My body Your body Every body is Just SOIL body

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users
Message 5 of 5
AleckGiles

Hi,

If you made the beam using the Beam, Polyline command then you defined a SINGLE BENT BEAM known as a polybeam. This is a single object and you cannot get separate drawings for each segment. It is also impossible to actually bend a beam like that (no bend radius)

You need to convert the lines (or polyline) using the Beam From Line command instead. That produces a separate beam on each segment of the polyline. Then mitre those beams together as required. These are separate items and will give separate part details. To see them all as one stringer use an Assembly drawing.

If it is too late to remodel the stringer you can get away with usign Split Beam at hte bend points to divide the polybeam up into separate beams and then mitre them again. then you will get separate part drawings. However, the segments will each be single segment polybeams which can have drawbacks in certain areas so not an ideal workflow in future.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report