Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Steel Tool Palette

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
8042 Views, 17 Replies

Advance Steel Tool Palette

Hi,

I am reinstalling advance steel 2016 on a few of my colleagues computers and on one of them, the 'Advance Steel Tool Palette' and the 'Connection Vault' palette are not showing up. I am not sure if they are hidden off screen somewhere but I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and tried repairing the programme but still nothing.

Can anyone suggest any other solutions to make this visible?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: Anonymous

this could be a problem in the Registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AdvanceSteel\2016\Settings\Dialogs\AdvPalette
and have a look if there's any problem with the height and localisation. You could delete the KEY and made a repair by using the windows function. This should repair the registry too.

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

@Sebastian_Eiche

I've had exactly the same problem with Advance Steel 2017.

I've used Regedit to search of the key you mentioned, to no joy.

I've also searched for advPalette, again to no joy.

Can you give some pointers about recovering Advance Steel tool palette

cheerz

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

@Sebastian_Eiche

Sorry to trouble you with my previous post.

I've just seen a Panel on the Home tab of the Ribbon tool bar that I hadn't noticed before.

Message 5 of 18
Sebastian_Eiche

No problem. But if you have a similar problem: until version 2017 there are no registry entries for Advance Steel. All this settings are located in the Assettings_user.xml which is located in the c/programdata/Advance Steel 2017 path.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

I managed to fix my preiovus problem by changing the regsitry for my colleague to match mine. But the same issue happened to me 2 days ago and I'm unable to solve it by changing the registry. I have tried changing all the settings but still no luck, I've noticed the 'IsVisible' key always reverts back to 0 even if I change it to 1 (as per my colleagues) in the AstPaletteData registry. A screenshot is attached of my current registry.

I haven't been able to do anywork for the past 2 days and I don't want to come back after Easter with it still borken or no solutions, any sugggestions?  

Message 7 of 18
Sebastian_Eiche

You had to close AS and then open the registry and could delete the whole Advance palette registry entry. This should work. But be sure, that this only works if the xml file of the palette is in the support folder.
And after version 2016 this didn't work, then you had to change this in the xml file as seen above.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 8 of 18
andrew.hnyluk

I have this issue on support quite a bit. The easy fix is to move the mouse over so its as far as it can go either to the left or the right on the screen and hit "ALT SPACEBAR"

A menu should appear when you are on the correct side of the screen. click move. Then move your mouse to the middle of your screen and click the down arrow. it should bring that toolbar to the mouse locations. 

I hope this helps! 

attached is a screencast. 

Applications Engineer
ECAD Inc.
www.ecadinc.com
Message 9 of 18
wslomiany

this happened to me a while back. I changed it by opening this file.......

ASETTINGS.PNG

...and editing the position to match something that I knew was good. The below example is for my palette which I have on a second monitor.

PALETTE.PNG

Message 10 of 18

Man, thank you SOOOOO MUCH.

This is such a stupid bug. Please fix this omg.

Congratz again.

Message 11 of 18
thewrong1
in reply to: andrew.hnyluk

this actually works!!!!!!

Message 12 of 18
thewrong1
in reply to: andrew.hnyluk

this solution worked in the past. Now "move" isnt a selection. any ideas. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

Hi All,

Seem to have this problem right now & it includes the Connection vault. Im running AS 2021. All help appreciated!!

Message 14 of 18
Sebastian_Eiche

The steps are the same as for the other version. Just change or delete the assettings.xml

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 15 of 18
thewrong1

why does this bug persist in this expensive software. i fight this regularly... huge waste 

Message 16 of 18
Sebastian_Eiche

The problem is in the most cases: read/write permissions in this folder. If you  have full folder permissions C:programdata/Autodesk), you will not have this problem (from my experience).
If the installation is done like it's written in the autodesk knowlegde (Admin permissions, disabled anti virus...): https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/download/prepare-system

and you set the folder permission as I wrote, you will not have this problem.

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 17 of 18

genius

Message 18 of 18

wow.. amazing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report