Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Steel Export to Tekla

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nadiakBMNJ6
675 Views, 2 Replies

Advance Steel Export to Tekla

Guys,

I have a outsourced drafter trying to load my Advance Steel model into Tekla. All that loads are my construction lines, nothing else shows up. We've tried every single export possible. I've even tried to export to Revit and from Revit back to AutoCAD but once imported into Revit half the items disappear. I've also tried importing Advance Steel model into AutoCAD. 

What is weird is that 3D models that were created in Revit and exported to AutoCAD load into Tekla without any issues. 

Does anyone out there knows what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
acbsdesign
in reply to: nadiakBMNJ6

Hi,

I use IFC to export to Tekla, no issues so far, a thing to consider is all members have to be properly numbered in Advance Steel first.

Good Luck.

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

Message 3 of 3
nadiakBMNJ6
in reply to: acbsdesign

Yeah. It worked after I posted the post. Drafter used a different way to import an IFC file. Don't ask me how, I've never used Tekla before but I guess it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report