Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Steel 2023 Hotfix 1 is now available!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
DumitruBerteanu
1930 Views, 7 Replies

Advance Steel 2023 Hotfix 1 is now available!

Hello All,

Today we released a hotfix for Advance Steel 2023. You can now find it in your Autodesk Desktop Application or on the account portal. 

This hotfix solves a few important bugs discovered on newly released features this year.

·         Fixed an issue where Advance Steel crashed after expanding the Details node from Document Manager.

·         Fixed an issue where details could not be opened in the same Advance Steel session if they were previously opened in the preview window of Document Manager.

·         Fixed an issue where the BomViewer could not be opened independently from Advance Steel.

·         Fixed a crash that occurred when editing the object list in the rollover tooltip customization menu.

·         Fixed an issue where the page frame disappeared when the prototype was changed from the detail.

A fix for the crash/freeze that some experience with Advance Steel 2023 and was recently reported is not part of this hotfix, but we are actively investigating it and will provide an answer as soon as possible.

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bukko
in reply to: DumitruBerteanu

So far so good. I've had just one crash that was probably not related to any of the crashes that I was having before. 

I've put the doc manager thru it's paces, opening 20+ drawings for editing with no crashes and I'm able to clt tab thru them quickly for editing etc. I've also left the doc manager open on screen while doing this testing. Doc manager previews are no longer causing issues. So far and night and day difference.

THANKS DEV TEAM FOR COMING THRU! 

These are my preliminary findings..... I'll let you know if there are any other show stopping issues.

Regards

Craig

Message 3 of 8
dcubbedge
in reply to: bukko

AutoDesk needs to get on top of the "dwg not saved" errors that I get daily. This is truly pissing me off.

Message 4 of 8
bukko
in reply to: dcubbedge

I have these issues once in a while but I attempt to save a couple of times after the first message and it usually goes thru.  I do switch to another drawing prior to attempting to resave the dwg that started the initial save error. 

Have you tried this as a workaround  (it shouldn't happen in the first place but you know how it goes)

If you're getting this everyday I can see how it would be a major pain in the rectal waatoosy

Regards

Craig

Message 5 of 8
dcubbedge
in reply to: DumitruBerteanu

I've come up with several work-arounds based on what is happening with the 'not saved' drawing. The easiest is close the model and reopen. There is also delete the drawing and re-create.......grrrrr! Because I'm dealing with weldments, I often have to re-do the camera view and that creates frustration when it repeatedly doesn't save.

Message 6 of 8
avinash00002002
in reply to: dcubbedge

from where to download

Message 7 of 8

Advance Steel 2023 Hotfix 1 can be downloaded from the Autodesk Desktop Application (it should appear under Updates if you have Advance Steel 2023 installed), or from the account page (https://accounts.autodesk.com/

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner
Message 8 of 8

A new hotfix was released today for Advance Steel 2023 to solve the crash reported here and on other threads or means, crash that appeared often during autosave, pan, orbit.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/advance-steel-forum/bd-p/2056

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report