Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add user attibute to the file name of drawing file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Rushiayarekar
214 Views, 2 Replies

Add user attibute to the file name of drawing file

Hello all

In my project, all assembly i have extracted through drawing process but now i just want to add user attribute to the file name. all user attribute are different to every assembly. please somebody help me. otherwise i need to do it manually and it takes to much time.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Can somebody reply me ?
Message 3 of 3

The file name process currently only has access to limited attrubuites within the file name selector, these are limited , FAQ out there on ones available.

User attrubuites are not in the current listed ones to the best of my knowledge.

The user attrubuites are available in the BOM on drawing and external bom lists.

You should be able to add to your title the user attrubuites , but again you would need to manually apply this, if file is created and edited etc.

If you do rename the file important to do it through the document manager opition as this will then rename though out the document system all the assiocated files connected with the main dwg. If you do it manually via widows explorer, then chaos will happen.

I am sorry not aware of a way to automate.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report