cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week numbers in build schedule

Week numbers in build schedule

For some inexplicable reason, weeks are only shown with first and last dates instead of their week number. Idea: show weeks as week numbers. 

2 Comments
lance.borst
Autodesk

@demolitionist Can I get some clarification on week numbering? Is this week number based on the current year? We are currently in week 6 of 2024. Or is this number of weeks in a project worked? Also, last what schedule authoring tool do you utilize?

demolitionist
Participant

Hi, @lance.borst 

Thanks for taking the time!

The preface I forgot: I showed one of our project managers how to import an MS Project file, and he was actually shocked/irate by the week resolution showing first and last date of the week instead of week numbers.

In our part of the world, at least, a week begins on Monday. Monday 1 January 2024 initiated week one; we are currently in week 5, not 6 (with today being 1 February). Week number of the year is the most crucial for our common understanding, instead of having to reference a date span in a given month. I assume that if you get week numbers working, it shouldn't be a big hurdle to convert to number of weeks since project beginning (resulting in week numbers greater than 52).

ISO8601 covers all the details.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report