cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying/Duplicating Option Required in Autodesk Takeoff Type Template.

Copying/Duplicating Option Required in Autodesk Takeoff Type Template.

When creating a Takeoff Template, currently, the takeoff types have to be manually created for each part, which is time-consuming.

We need a functionality that allows us to copy/duplicate/import-export options, which will significantly reduce the need for manual entries.

Takeoff Template.png

6 Comments
dswilson
Autodesk

Good day Muhammad.

Thank you for sharing the need here. Are you aware you can create a template from an existing project so that you don't have to start from an empty project? You can create a template from an existing project that best matches the profile of the type of template you need to bring across most of the settings including the Packages and Takeoff Types. That should get a large percentage of the entries you need into the template. That being said, we will consider this improvement.

Thanks,

Dave

membrec
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Muhammad_AC
Explorer

Good day dswilson

Thanks for the reply. Am aware that i can utilize the template from existing projects. Since the initial set up of the project is taking time Due to manual entries.one of the main reason we are trying to use Takeoff to reduce the manual works during estimation and get an accurate takeoff.

Muhammad_AC
Explorer

Thanks, @membrec 

dswilson
Autodesk

Thank you Muhammad. I was just ensuring I read your post correctly and that you weren't creating every entry from an empty starting point. We appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Dave

dswilson
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

We have decided to move ahead with this improvement in the near future.

Regards,

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report