ACC General Discussion Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions and explore popular discussions about everything ACC
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Accounts

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jjvail
102 Views, 1 Reply

Number of Accounts

Hi all. We are quickly adopting ACC as our future Cloud Server for all our projects. We are a company spread out across the US and somewhat international. I am trying to find pros and cons to having just one account vs per physical office account. Autodesk reps had mentioned they typically put one account per firm. I can see we will easily have a huge list of projects in a short time. I wish there was a more flexible folder structure allowed. Thanks in advance for input. 

Brownie points if you have a procedure in place for archiving. 

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Chad-Smith
in reply to: jjvail

I've never had to think this through myself for any companies that I've worked for, but I have seen firsthand some issues in other accounts that adopted a single account worldwide.

They encountered two issues:

• Two many account admins. While one region may be strict in the way that they manage account settings and projects, other regions may be loose. This caused a little bit of chaos.
  • Different regions may need different account settings. It may prove harder to manage account content such as the Library, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.