ACC General Discussion Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions and explore popular discussions about everything ACC
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Coordination - clashing linked / imported models

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JK-CAMERON
285 Views, 3 Replies

Model Coordination - clashing linked / imported models

We are getting clashes that are not real.  Two objects that are not intersecting albeit object A of the clash is an object that is a repeated object across the floor.  How do I solve this.  I noticed in the FAQ it talks about this but does not give much detail. 

Clearly not touching.

Response on FAQ:

Reason

Clash in V2 coordination spaces uses the Revit master model view (all geometry in the Revit file) instead of using the model geometry in each Revit view. We use the master model view to optimize clash performance.

Model Coordination clash is based on object IDs, and when an object spans multiple Revit views it will still retain the same object ID. Clashes in the viewer are then shown by highlighting the two objects (based on the object IDs). This can result in two objects which may not be visibly touching showing as a clash, due to these objects clashing in a different Revit view.

What does this mean?  Can i not conduct clash tests by creating separate views of clash object A and clash object B?

JKCAMERON_1-1719933050709.png

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lance.borst
in reply to: JK-CAMERON

Couple questions. What does it say the object(s) are clashing with and is the "show clashes within..) activated?

lanceborst_0-1720016732702.png

Message 3 of 4
JK-CAMERON
in reply to: lance.borst

Apologies for the crappy screenshot, I am on my phone, but I played with a range of distances. 

I actually have an update on this, so the object having issues was an imported .obj.  After unsuccessfully clashing the objects with linked or imported .objs I tried loading them into a new Revit project and linking that project into my original.  I setup the same clash test using views.  Clash works this way, with the objects in another project, but not when in the same project.  

Ever seen this behavior?

Message 4 of 4
lance.borst
in reply to: JK-CAMERON

No I haven't.

But it is interesting that it was an imported object.

Has it occurred again?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report