ACC General Discussion Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions and explore popular discussions about everything ACC
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit information being shared to ACC

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ARA_Rizky
201 Views, 7 Replies

How to limit information being shared to ACC

Hi, I'm still new to ACC. I understand that ACC is designed to facilitate seamless information sharing among all project stakeholders, including clients, BIM managers, engineers, etc. I'm curious if there's a way to exclusively share 3D models without including the drawings. While this may seem counterproductive, there are situations where consultants may require this option for negotiating with clients

Thanks in advance 

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
handjonathan
in reply to: ARA_Rizky

Hi @Ara_Rizky 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   I am linking in @Chad-Smith & @ChitnisPrateek, who maybe able to advise on the best workflow. 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 3 of 8

Hi @ARA_Rizky

I would recommend placing your models into a separate folder within Files, and then giving permission to the Client to only this folder (view only access will be ok). If you need help with the permission settings this page on the help website should be useful DOCS Help | Folder Permissions | Autodesk. 

Thanks 

Message 4 of 8
Chad-Smith

Further to @Ryan_Holland_LDP's reply, if that model is from Revit, then use the Revit Publish Settings to be specific about which drawings you want to include/exclude. But ultimately, folder permissions set to View Only is the best solution.

Select Views and Sheets to Publish to the Cloud

Message 5 of 8

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your reply. However, the issue is that our files are stored in the cloud, making it easy for the BIM management team or other consultants to download our Revit files and access the sheets/views within our model.

Is there a way to prevent this? Typically, in a 'non-live model', I would delete all the sheets/views from our model before sending it to the consultants.

Message 6 of 8
ARA_Rizky
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Hi Chad,

This can be done, but I believe it would be pointless if they could download our Revit model and access views/sheets from it.
Message 7 of 8
Chad-Smith

Quick question.

Is the project in your account, or another company's?

You won't have total control if it's not in yours.

Message 8 of 8
ARA_Rizky
in reply to: Chad-Smith

No. This project is managed by a BIM management company

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.