ACC General Discussion Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions and explore popular discussions about everything ACC
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC Model Coordination Module - Coordination Space from File Attributes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Tim-Peruchini
225 Views, 2 Replies

ACC Model Coordination Module - Coordination Space from File Attributes

When creating a Coordination Space for the Model Coordination module, it prompts you to select a folder where your models are stored so that it can begin clashing all the files within that folder.  Is there any way (or are there any plans in the future) to create a Coordination Space based on file attributes instead?

I am currently testing out a folder-based vs. metadata-based organization scheme, and I personally prefer to use metadata, but if Model Coordination does not support this, I may just revert back to folder-based.

TimPeruchini_0-1699463407951.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Chad-Smith
in reply to: Tim-Peruchini

We have a similar desire to perform workflows and tasks based on metadata, rather than folders. In the case of clashing, using metadata such as Discipline, Company, Status, Update Date Range, etc, would all provide flexibility with model selection.

I think Docs would first need to support metadata workflows, so that Model Coordination could then leverage it.

As far as I'm aware, we still have to use a folder-based workflow.

Message 3 of 3
lance.borst
in reply to: Tim-Peruchini

Yes, Currently Model Coordination is folder based. Use of metadata is something we are investigating but there are no near-term plans to modify. 
Something you may be interested in short term is we will soon have a Public Beta, Object Table.

The Object Table provides an accurate summary of model objects and properties for GCs, Subcontractors, and Designers to review early and often in the design and precon phases. Perfect for catching missing properties, duplicate quantities, or formatting errors on-demand, without opening a single desktop tool!
  • Immediately available in any Model Coordination view
  • Displays a rolled-up summary of all model objects in the current view
  • Dynamically updates as filters are applied
  • Integrates row selection with 3D object selection
  • Enables selection of ANY model property as a table column
  • Expand rows to drill into type and instance-based rollups
  • Supports .rvt, .dwg, .ifc, and .nwc
  • Export to .csv or .xlsx (try it with Power BI!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.