ACC General Discussion Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions and explore popular discussions about everything ACC
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC - Can Inventor files be saved to ACC?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MirraLee
198 Views, 3 Replies

ACC - Can Inventor files be saved to ACC?

Hi

I feel like I am missing something as I thought this was possible, but I do not see anything confirming this. I was under the assumption that Inventor, Revit, Navis, Acad, and C3D + more could all be hosted and viewed on ACC.

I just tested Inventor, and it will save a view to share, but this is hosted on Autodesk Cloud Viewer, not ACC. 

Can these files, especially the exported dwg, be saved to ACC? Or will these need to be saved to the server or drive and manually uploaded to ACC?

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-DFAE9DFD-6300-47D3-AF97-C389B70F6414

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2022/ENU/?guid=Inventor_ReleaseNotes_release_notes_html

When opening a file, the Autodesk Docs icon for the cloud server is not visible, and yes, I have Collaborate Pro and see this with C3D.

Is there a tool needed?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbutts7
in reply to: MirraLee

Autodesk has currently stated through the Desktop Connector documentation that Inventor is not supported, but I've cheated a little and saved/added files through the Autodesk Docs shortcut. Bringing in and saving external parts into or for an assembly may be problematic right now - but for our use (converting manufacturing content to Revit families) it works for that part.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/CONNECT/ENU/?guid=Historical_Releases_Desktop_Connector

thanks - db

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
dbutts7
in reply to: MirraLee

One quick note - I'm not editing the files there, I'm downloading local for now then uploading results back.

David A. Butts

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
dbutts7
in reply to: dbutts7

@MirraLee I did some additional tests - the iLogic files caused an issue when attempting to save directly to an Autodesk Docs folder. This included the Rules folder that gets generated. We're doing some additional testing to see if the manual copy works with models that include iLogic, will try to post our results later.

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.