ACC General Discussion Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions and explore popular discussions about everything ACC
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a Watermark for approved plans

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tcardia
127 Views, 5 Replies

a Watermark for approved plans

Hi all!

Is there a function in ACC that allows a watermark to be inserted into an approved plan indicating that the plan has been approved? I will need it especially for the plans that go to the field: the openers must always have a plan that says that it has been approved

Thank you for your help!!

TC

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ChitnisPrateek
in reply to: tcardia

Hi @tcardia that is a great idea, what we used to do in another firm I worked at was on the sheets in revit we would add " NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION" or you know like you said, " APPROVED". But it would be great if after the Approval workflow, there would be a watermark on the Sheets, depending on what the action was. 

Symetri Logo

Prateek Chitnis

Strategic Implementation Manager | AECO (Buildings)

facebooktwitterInstagrampm

Message 3 of 6
tcardia
in reply to: ChitnisPrateek

Of course Christian, it could be a possible solution, however the idea is that ACC remains a single and traceable file in all its work phases; By this I mean that the plan sent for approval and approved should be downloaded and printed directly from ACC so that the metadata is never, at any time, lost. The way you propose, although it seems decisive to me, involves an alteration of the documentation or a cut in the workflow that the ACC system should guarantee.

Message 4 of 6
ChitnisPrateek

@tcardia I see your point there. But, I was also thinking along your lines the ability to add a water mark on the Sheet itself, I guess the example I gave was not clear. We used that workflow without ACC/BIM 360. Its a good issue to ponder over and discuss. 

Symetri Logo

Prateek Chitnis

Strategic Implementation Manager | AECO (Buildings)

facebooktwitterInstagrampm

Message 5 of 6
Ryan_Holland_LDP

Hi, I like this idea and think it would be helpful as a final stage of the review workflow when files are copied into the published folder.

I would prefer for the watermark to:

• include a date/time and who approved it
  • to be added automatically as a locked markup but can be hidden by a user each time the file is opened if in the way. 
  • Be slightly transparent so content behind is still visible. 
  • be printed with the file and included when downloaded so can be tracked.
Message 6 of 6
Chad-Smith

We also need approval stamping.

We are currently using another EDMS platform that does it, and we also need it added to ACC.

Adding the below link to an existing and highly rated Idea in the hope we can drive up the interest and votes.

Stamping or Watermarking a Drawing or Document

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.