A360 Tips, Tricks & Tutorials (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markup support comes to A360

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
rahul.bhandarkar
2563 Views, 23 Replies

Markup support comes to A360

I am happy to announce that today we will be releasing a Beta version of the Markup feature - this has been a highly requested feature and is one more step towards building a full-fledged suite of design review tools that will help you deliver your projects faster and more efficiently.

I've attached some videos below about how this feature works. You will find a new "Comment and Markup Utilities" action in the Viewer toolbar that allows you to attach snapshot, pin, object comments and  the new Markup option. We've added some coach marks to help users quickly locate this new feature.

Upon choosing the Markup option from the toolbar, you will enter Markup mode which allows you to add FreeHand, Text, Arrow and Rectangle annotations to your 3D or 2D design files. Once you are done simply Submit the Markup and then that Markup will appear as Comment in the Comments panel on the right hand side.

At this point you can @mention a reviewer from the comments panel and send them a quick message that the design is ready for review or add a more detailed explanation about the markup that you just submitted.

A Reviewer can click on a Markup comment which will load the design in the viewer with the markup overlaid on top. They can then reply back on that comment thread with recommended changes or acceptance. This review conversation history will always be available to you as a reference via the comments panel.

This is a Beta feature (we have some more planned enhancements coming out shortly)  and we are very excited to get this feature into your hands so take it for a spin and let us know how it works for you. Our goal is to build powerful design review tools in A360 that will make you more productive and help you build awesome products with high quality.

Happy Thanksgiving !!

Rahul Bhandarkar
Sr. Product Manager - A360

rahul.bhandarkar@autodesk.com
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24

Hi Brandi,

Thanks for the screen shot. Can you use the Megaphone in the lower right corner of A360 and send us a public share with download enabled. Then we can take a look and try to see what is going on here.  Also please copy the link from this post into your message so that I can link the two together.   

share feedback with us 001a.png

Thanks in advance for doing this, and have a great day.   

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 22 of 24

I see Brett answered the other post, and it looks like you are using A360 Drive.  For Markup support, you will need Team. 

Take a look at the following link for more details about A360 and the different options.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/a360/overview

Once you have checked it out, please let us know if you have any other questions and have a great day. 

Happy Holidays. 

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 23 of 24

Thanks, Bud! Brett did respond to my questions and once I moved my files to a project I created in A360 Team everything is there!

Thanks for your help.

Brandi

Message 24 of 24

You are welcome and have a great day. 

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report