cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Navisworks timeline sequence on A360

Rendering Navisworks timeline sequence on A360

It would be nice to be able to render a specific date and time from a Timeliner sequnce on the cloud and/or an option to render the entire Timeliner sequence on the A360 site.

3 Comments
SallyDong2005
Community Manager
Hello Brain, Thanks for your feedback. I will add this idea to our wishlist and forward it to Navisworks team and cloud rendering team. Any suggestion and feedback are welcome.
Venkatesan.A
Alumni

Aecom China is also looking for this feature.

Krytus
Enthusiast

I'm all for this idea. It's one thing to be able to generate cool still images, but I would love to be able to use the cloud rendering service to generate full HD (and higher) quality videos from Navisworks timeline sequences in the cloud, it would save me and so many others time and money.

Generating videos from Navisworks timeline sequences, especially HD and higher, can take hours, days, or weeks on end sometimes, even with GPU acceleration, and the hardware for local processing is already expensive. Toda another serious problem arises; as computer technology is geared more and more toward end users, the less advanced it becomes, and quality hadware becomes extremely rare, driving the price into the sky. This is happening because everyone is slowly transitiong most of their workloads to the cloud for data storage and processing. The problem with that is availability; cloud services aren't becoming available fast enough to accout for the massive base of users, admins, technicians, etc. looking to transition their work to the cloud.

This problem is not related to the cloud datacenter hardware, nor the cost of such services, but rather the lack of actual service from the cloud providers-- even if you had all the cloud processing hardware resources in the world, you still need the software to drive it. My assumption as to why Autodesk currently doesn't offer a video/timeline sequence rendering service for Navisworks yet is because there hasn't been much of a need for it, as most people who use Navisworks to it's full potential have their own in-house rendering solutions for thing kind of thing.

Keep in mind, Autodesk, if you want to expand your customer base and extend you services/products to more users, you need to drive IT expenses to the ground, and add this feauture and more like it to your cloud rendering service.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report