cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General feedback on A360 and interactive rendering

General feedback on A360 and interactive rendering

Hi Autodesk!

I have been using your interactive rendering service and A360 for a little while and just wanted to provide some feedback. 

I dont understand why it is neccessary when you open a model from fusion 360 in A360 to have a closable popup window open that perfectly matches the real window behind it in the browser...is this neccessary? It provides the same info as the window behind it but just slows the process down. Can A360 just open the desired model in the browser window and skip the popup window?

Sometimes when using interactive rendering (Using an apple computer/safari browser) there is a bug that doesnt allow adjustment of exposure, depth of field and field of view. You can move the three sliders for the adjustments but nothing happens. 

Its very difficult to figure out the maximum available canvas space when rendering a model. There seems to be extra canvas space to the right and the bottom of the viewable rendering space when you inspect your completed renders but possibly less space at the top and to the left of the actual viewing area. This results in your custom rendered images created in interactive rendering sometimes being cut-off on one side while having ample blank canvas on the other side. This is very difficult to guess when trying to maximize availalble pixels in an image. Can it just be WYSIWYG? Whatever you see is what turns out in the rendered image? Is this a browser/screen size issue?

Thanks so much for creating great software! I love the direction Autodesk is going with modeling/cloud rendering!

Best,

james 

2 Comments
BrettWright
Community Manager
James,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us the feedback that you've given above about the Rendering product. I'll make sure to pass this on to that team for them to review in the Rendering Forum.
Chad-Smith
Advisor

Just giving this a go now.

I've just spent the last 15mins trying to figure out why it wasn't processing a final render.

When I originally went into the render settings, I thought the 'tick' button at the bottom was the 'render' button.

I eventually realised that this was simply accepting the settings, and then I needed to push the 'Render' button.

Don't know if this was just me, or if this workflow is a little ambiguous?

render.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report