cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Etransmit and upload is painfully slow and avoidable.

Etransmit and upload is painfully slow and avoidable.

I have been using rendering online for a few years now and feel the process of etransmit and uploading is extremely painful.

I have all my models and materials synced to the cloud so wouldnt it make sense to use the data that is already in the cloud than re-upload the entire dataset for rendering?

Regards, 

Fazcraig

3 Comments
anavaidya
Alumni

Hi Fazcriag,

It's great to hear from you. Have you been using Cloud rendering from AutoCAD? When you do that, your dwg files are not uploaded to the Cloud. We generate a compact intermediate version of your file which gets uploaded to the Cloud and then renders the image for you. This is the image that you see in the Online Gallery

When you say that your models are synced to the Cloud, do you mean that you are storing them on A360 Drive? Can you give us more details, so that I can understand your request better.

Thanks,

Fazcraig81
Explorer

Hi anavaidya

I am indeed using AutoCAD and yes all my models are synced to my A360 drive.

The file I renderonline is a dwg containing only xrefs (all my seperate models), cameras and lights.

Regards,

Krytus
Enthusiast

I know exactly what you mean; you want to directly render the models you have stored in the A360 drive through the cloud rendering service. I was thinking of the exact same thing. I'm amazed no one's thought of this, I could sure use a direct drive to render option as a faster, more efficient, more convenient alternative to reuploading the same files over and over again to be rendered.

If we could use the A360 cloud rendering service to render files directly from the A360 drive, businesses and their project workflows would be able to run a lot faster. Not to mention, if the Autodesk 360 system had this capability, I guarantee that these services would get a lot more attention, and thousands of users would be more likely to use A360 services for rendering and storage rather than in-house or third-party rendering systems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report