Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereo Panorama rendering now available!

79 REPLIES 79
SOLVED
Message 1 of 80
anavaidya
10651 Views, 79 Replies

Stereo Panorama rendering now available!

If you’ve ever wished that you could visualize and show off your designs in 3D, now’s your chance. Using virtual reality cardboard goggles, you can experience your designs in 3D by rendering stereo-panoramas of building interiors.

Even better? [UPDATE] This feature is FREE until August 31st (extended from May 31st)!

See our Blog post for more information.

Please note that Stereo panorama works on iPhones and Android devices. The supported browsers are Safari and Chrome. Also make sure that you have installed the latest OS updates.  This feature will not work on Windows phones or on Android phones without Chrome.

We would love to get your feedback, so please post your comments here. 

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
79 REPLIES 79
Message 41 of 80
raph1974
in reply to: anavaidya

it is solved already ... Thank you .. 

how about the realistic render ? i still can't get the realistic one. ..maybe I miss something...

Message 42 of 80
raph1974

yes .. sorry I'll check other post first .. thank you for the reminder..
Message 43 of 80
raph1974

Hi Anavaidya,

I'm using Chrome, the link is gone again after several tries, close the chrome and open the gallery again. the link doesn't show up again. The flash add on is always enable in my chrome.
Message 44 of 80
anavaidya
in reply to: raph1974

Hi raph1974,

1. Does this happen to all your stereo renders? If you just have one, can you create a few more and check?
2. Also, render a regular panorama. Check if you can see the "share with others" checkbox at the bottom.
Aradhana Vaidya
Message 45 of 80
raph1974

Message 46 of 80
raph1974

this morning I already turn on again may laptop and  open the gallery but still no shows up the links as attached. 
it's really weird... the last time I saw the link is yesterday morning... , after that I never saw it again until now ..
I'm using google chrome too, with flash enable. Regards,  Rafael 

Message 47 of 80
SallyDong2005

Hello,

Could you try to close the preview and open it agian to check whether the checkbox show up? We have an known issue that the preview on your  phone option will not show up when the rendering is in progress or when the preview just complete. I would like to suggest you to open the preview after the rendering is complete if you want the checkbox.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 48 of 80
raph1974
in reply to: SallyDong2005

thanks for your reply, I have found the culprit. it's because of my adblock plus is on. If I turn it off, the links show up right away..

thanks
rafael
Message 49 of 80
anavaidya

Hi Rafael,

I'm happy that the issue is resolved for you now. Thanks for being patient.
Aradhana Vaidya
Message 50 of 80
eldad

I am having difficulties viewing the panorama in both my browsers. Q1 - Why did you change the way the panorama worked? it was easy! i loved the QR code option to bring it straight into my phone and VR goggles. Q2- Do you really expect paying customers to go through hoops in order to view on a web browser or phone?? what were you thinking? add ?url=image or ?mono=image... really? surely you guys can come up with a more elegant solution.
Message 51 of 80
eldad
in reply to: eldad

So, turned out the QR code was taking too long to generate, third attempt worked out! 🙂
Message 52 of 80
SallyDong2005
in reply to: eldad

Hi,

Thanks for you feedback.

Could you give me more information about the problem? what's the browsers you used and what's the probelm when you view panorama?

To your Q1: We changed panorama feature to support to view webVR on VR glasses like Oculus. 

To your Q2: We admit that the workflow of view panorama offline is tedious, and we are working to improve the user experience of viewing panorama offline.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 53 of 80
dominik
in reply to: SallyDong2005

Hello,

i posted this a minute ago as a comment on the blog but i think maybe this is the better place

We tested some other views with the new stereo panorama.
And with the cardboard and the htc one or a sony xperia the problem stays the same.

If you turn your head the vertical lines seems to fall sideways. You feel as drunk when looking in the cardboard.

kind regards

domink

Message 54 of 80
LyleHardin

I'm enjoying this. Neat that I can re-render renderings I did 3 years ago!

Really looking forward to renderings supporting point clouds. THAT will be really useful for us since we are mostly involved in retrofitting large industrial facilities.

Had some issues with my old Galaxy 3S - doesn't work with Chrome, but with Firefox I could look up and down... left and right did not work.

The Galaxy S4 worked a bit better but looking left and right still didn't quite work as well as it should. Tested Chrome only.

The Galaxy S6 worked perfectly using Chrome.

Message 55 of 80
anavaidya
in reply to: LyleHardin

Hi @LyleHardin,

It's great to know that you are liking this feature. Can you give an example of what you mean by point clouds? Are you rendering from Revit? 

Reagarding support on different Samsung devices, it's possible that webGL is not enabled or doesn't work perectly on S3 and S4. Navigate to chrome:\\flags on the browser and check that it is enabled. You can also open webglreport.com to check whether the browser supports WebGL. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 56 of 80
LyleHardin

Our designs have lately been modeled by directly inserting proposed equipment into a point cloud of existing conditions. We'll laser scan the existing facility, model our proposed changes in the point cloud, then take the client on a walk through with Navisworks. A VR or AR experience would be some nice icing on the cake.   Currently, the stereo panoramas do not include the point cloud.

We generally do most of our modeling in AutoCAD, but sometimes bring that model into Revit if we need better control of section cuts and such. Revit handles point clouds better than AutoCAD in that respect. Occassionally I'll render from 3DS Max as well, but usually we render these panoramas from Revit.

Thanks for the tips on the phone settings. I believe I had checked those settings and still had issues. I stopped trying to get the s3 and s4 to work when someone loaned me their s6.

Message 57 of 80
dominik

Hello,

can anyone tell me how i can fit my orientation of the stereo panorama to the real geographic north?

Rotating the camera in revit or changing the geographic north don't affect the orientation in the rendering.

We want to render a Stereo Pano that can be used at the building shell to show how it finally looks.

Any idea?

best regards

Dominik Wukowojac

wuko.de

Message 58 of 80
LyleHardin
in reply to: dominik

That's an excellent wish! Good idea. I wonder if the magnet found in most Google Cardboard goggles would throw North off .

Most smart phones have the ability to act as a compass. A little more programming would be involved but it would be possible, I think.

Message 59 of 80
bealem

Hi Dominik,

I briefly looked into adding this and discovered a missing piece:

When Revit / Autocad / 3DS Max etc, sends information to the cloud renderer, they don't send the meta-data explaining which direction of the scene is 'north'.  The one exception to this is Revit and sunlight-study analysis.

A second minor issue is in the html5 spec for onDeviceOrientation where getting an accurate read on compass north is different between IOS and Android and depending on the version of chrome installed.  Also, as you pointed out, the magnet on the side of the v1 google cardboard design, disrupts the compass sensor for Chrome v40 and below.  The native cardboard.jar Android app, would get around this issue by using 'relative' changes in the compass, but hence throws away the ability to detect North.

ADN technical feedback:  By using google-cardboard v2 or a dodo-case v2, as well as modifying the intial variables in the twgl-dist.js file (I recall that var ddx, line 213 sets the starting latitude).  (Click 'download panorama' and unzip the file and you should find the twgl-dist.js) you might be able to calibrate the starting position of the render to point north.  (But I'm not certain if this is fixed in the html5 spec for IOS v9)

Let me know if any of that helps

Best

Michael

Message 60 of 80
dominik
in reply to: bealem

Hi Michael,

thanks for your answer. 🙂

I tested what happend changing the ddx value in line 213 from -70 to -160

And looking at the pano in the browser on a pc it works. The start view really turns about 180 degrees.

But unfortunately not on the android phone 😞

arghh!!!

Here is the example Pano

original

changed

any idea?

best regard

Dominik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report