Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit 2016 Rendering in cloud not showing reflections

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jasonmazis
652 Views, 6 Replies

revit 2016 Rendering in cloud not showing reflections

when I render in the cloud reflections appear black

I've attached the clud render and a pc render (draft) the pc render is how the reflections should appear

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SallyDong2005
in reply to: jasonmazis

Hello @jasonmazis,

I checked your rendering history, and it looks good in your later cloud rendering result. It this still a problem please let me know.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 3 of 7
jasonmazis
in reply to: SallyDong2005

Hi Sally 

Thanks for getting back to me.  I had originally created the mirror from an aluminium with 100% reflections and it worked on my home pc, but not on the cloud.

As a result i deleted the window and downloaded a mirror from a forum which worked perfectly.  The aluminium however still would not show reflections if i render any item with that material on the cloud.

Message 4 of 7
SallyDong2005
in reply to: jasonmazis

Hi @jasonmazis,

Could you share me a test file of the problematical aluminium material?  support.autodesk360.rendering@autodesk.com.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hello, Was this issue resolved concerning reflection troubles. I am having this same issue with a concrete floor not showing any reflections in the polish finish
Message 6 of 7
SallyDong2005
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @jasonmazis,

Have you tried render the view in Revit to check whether it could give you correct result? If Revit can render it correct, could you share your Revit model to let us check it?

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I discovered a way to resolve this issue for cloud rendering. Initially, all the I was changing the floor material using the system family properties dialog. Instead of changing the floor material in the parameters and properties, I loaded a material asset (polished stone) and changed the map channel image and then painted (command PT) the material onto the floor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report