Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering a 360 stereoscopic fly-through video

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
bbrown
3257 Views, 9 Replies

Rendering a 360 stereoscopic fly-through video

Hello,

I recently received the Samsung Gear VR headset, and have been using it to create Virtual Experiences of design spaces via the "Render to Cloud" option for Revit 2015. The process allows me to create a "Fixed Render Point" that can be zipped and uploaded to a 3rd party software for viewing through a VR headset. As impressive as this feature has been, I have been unable to find any option to render a fly-through video using the same process.

So I suppose my question can be summed up to this: Is there a way to render a fly-through of a project as a 360-stereoscopic experience, which can then be exported to a 3rd party for head-set viewing capabilities? I would appreciate any help I can get to answer this question. Thanks, and have a great day!

Respectfully,
Brian Brown

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
anavaidya
in reply to: bbrown

Hi Brian,

It's great to know that you have rendered stereo panoramas and find the feature useful. As of now, you cannot render walk-throughs or fly-throughs using the A360 rendering service and hence can't render stereoscopic fly-throughs. 

Have you tried using Autodesk Stingray? It is a game engine and walk through experince using it will probably work for your needs. Here are their forums - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/stingray/bd-p/800 But it's a game engine and not as photo-realistic as A360 rendering.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 3 of 10
bbrown
in reply to: anavaidya

Thanks for the reply, Aradhana!

I appreciate you following through with my question. I actually have been told the same bit of advice, and will start looking into using Stingray via 3DS Max. Hopefully, A360 adds the support for the flythrough feature relatively soon, as the office I work for finds a tremendous value in a tool like that, and I'm sure we aren't the only ones. Thanks again for your time, and have a great week!

Respectfully,
Brian Brown

Message 4 of 10
drallam

Hi @bbrownBrian,

Can you walk me through on how did you view the stereo panorama images from the export to Gear VR option in A360. And View it in Gear VR. 
I'm not sure about my workflow. When I paste the zipped files on my phone per @anavaidya and all l I see is a strip of 6 images . Can you walk me through this thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 10
anavaidya
in reply to: drallam

Hi drallam,

Copy the ‘result.png’ and ‘result.json' files to your Samsung phone's "Media" folder. Then open the ‘otoy media player’ and scroll to your stereo panorama image ‘result.png’

Here are 2 blog posts that can help you.
http://autodesk360rendering.typepad.com/blog/2016/07/download-stereo-panorama-for-gearvr.html
http://autodesk360rendering.typepad.com/blog/2015/12/how-to-view-stereo-panoramas-on-vr-devices.html
Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 6 of 10
Alex_Shovelton
in reply to: anavaidya

This is possible, but requires the creation of each video frame along a path using Dynamo/the API, sending the views to the cloud render service, downloading them all, converting them from cubic panoramas to equirectangular panoramas and finally stitching the images together to create a video. 

The result looks a bit like this - https://youtu.be/uThYd4nDJW8

Message 7 of 10
Alex_Shovelton

This is possible, but requires the creation of each video frame along a path using Dynamo/the API, sending the views to the cloud render service, downloading them all, converting them from cubic panoramas to equirectangular panoramas and finally stitching the images together to create a video. 

The result looks a bit like this - https://youtu.be/uThYd4nDJW8

Message 8 of 10

Hi, bbrown,

I have seen your 3d video and it is incredible, please, could you explain me how do that ? I mean, I use Navisworks Manage 2017 to render in the cloud the different 3d panoramas situation views, I download the ZIP that contains the image.png with the 6 images, and then what program I need to use to convert the images ? and after that, what program I need to use to joint the different images to convert them into a video ?

Thanks a lot !!

Message 9 of 10

Hi, 

I created a set of Photoshop automation scripts to split each image into the 6 cube faces. I then used krpano to convert the cubes into equirectangular panoramas, then I imported all the images into adobe premiere pro to create the video. 

Message 10 of 10

Hello Alex,

Do you know where I can learn about Dynamo to do the video frame path savepoints and send them to the cloud automatically to do a video 3d like you ?

Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report