Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render Wait Times?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
celfman
3214 Views, 19 Replies

Render Wait Times?

All of a sudden this week my render wait times have skyrocketed for even the simplest, low resolution basic renders.  2-3 hours are what is showing up today.  This seems to have started this week sometime, as last week it wasn't doing this with the same project.  There have only been minor changes to geometry, so file size is approximately the same.  Is there some kind of problem going on?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
dhenke1
in reply to: celfman

Having the same issue.  Anyone from Autodesk awake to respond?

Message 3 of 20
SallyDong2005
in reply to: dhenke1

Hello @dhenke1 and @celfman,

Is this problem still there? From our monitor, it seems works good now. If you still see this problem please let me know.

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 4 of 20
draftorb
in reply to: SallyDong2005

Hello Sally,

I still have the same issue. The low resolution renderings are taking 3-5 hours to render. But for some reason, the high resolution, so basically anything I have to use my cloud credits on, are rendering in a few minutes. So is there a reason why the free renderings are taking so much longer?

Thank you,

Message 5 of 20
anavaidya
in reply to: draftorb

Hi @draftorb,

Thanks for the additional information. Free renderings should not take more time than renderings using cloud credits. We are looking into your account to see what is going on.

Did you submit a lot of renderings at the same time? 

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 6 of 20
draftorb
in reply to: anavaidya

Hello Aradhana,

At first I rendered 4 images, but after an hour I canceled those and tried with 1 rendering. The amount I am rendering had no effect on wait time. I haven't tried rendering anything for a while. But I am keeping an eye on wait times. It is slowly, but steadily reducing. The wait time I am being quoted for is now under 2 hours. So I am assuming it will fix itself by tomorrow. I just find it so weird why the free low resolution renderings take forever right now. 

Thank you,

Message 7 of 20
anavaidya
in reply to: draftorb

Hi @draftorb,

What we have discovered is that you are a Free trial user and trial users rendering free jobs were having long wait times. But this issue is resolved now. I checked your renderings and it looks like the most recent ones took 30 minutes (wait + render time).

The other users on this thread are subscription users and they should never see a wait time for more than an hour. The engineers are looking into the problem.

If you continue to see issues, please let us know so that we can monitor more closely.

Thanks, 

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 8 of 20
mdoyle

I am having the same issue. We have an image that is going to print in a major magazine. That needs to be ready today. I have just enough cloud credits left to make 1 good rendering. My test render are taking forever. Our firm pays a lot for these products, the cloud is meant to be faster than our computer, not the other way around. We need help, we have deadlines.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 20
mdoyle
in reply to: mdoyle

My export is saying 10 minutes but the cloud is now 2 hours. I'm in a crunch with one of most important and demanding clients. What is happening??

I have a rendering I put on the cloud 45 mins ago that according to the cloud was 30mins.

Message 10 of 20
dhenke1

We are still experiencing long wait times.  If you can have your engineers look into text editor that would be great too.  That would be a customer success engineering feat for the ages:  Text Editing Thread

Message 11 of 20
draftorb

Hello Aradhana,

Just some updates, the rendering I did was a stereo panorama. It rendered very quickly. But the low resolution images are still quoting around the 2 hour mark. 

Thank you,

Message 12 of 20
anavaidya
in reply to: dhenke1

@mdoyle - We are looking into your renderings to figure out what is going on.

@dhenke1 - I don't see any recent renderings from you. Can you give me the AutodeskID of users who are seeing long wait times?

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 13 of 20
draftorb

Hello Aradhana,

The renderings seem to have sped up, for me at least. Last rendering I did was completed in a couple of minutes. Just wanted to thank you for looking into it and helping out. 

Thank you!

Message 14 of 20
dhenke1

My coworkers were having issues, but it sounds like their wait times have improved significantly as of this morning.  Thanks for your assistance.

Message 15 of 20
mdoyle

How does the render farm work? Are renders on the system done one at a time? What does it mean when there is a 30min wait, is there 300 people ahead of me? Perhaps you could relay an article that gives users insight into how the system process requests.

Message 16 of 20
anavaidya
in reply to: mdoyle

Hi @mdoyle,

Your suggestion sounds good. I will write a post and post it on our blog soon. In general, rendering times that you see in Revit or on My Renderings, depend on several factors. 

• The type of subscription
    • Students/Free trial - Have a limited no. of resources allocated to them. So if many of them are rendering at the same time, there will be longer wait times.
    • Subscription users - Should not see a long wait time for the rendering to start (10-15mins). Once it starts, thye rendering time depends on factors below
  • The quality (standard or final) and image size
  • The type rendering - image, panorama, solar study, etc.

Some things to remember:

- Don't cancel and resubmit, without a valid reason. Re-submitting will mean that you are at the back of the queue again.

- You can submit multiple cameras from Revit and that works great. But if you have 100's of cameras in your file and don't need all the renders, then don't submit them together.

- Students have unlimited cloud credits, but their renders are queued in a different queue. Typically, during the end of  semester there might be longer wait times.

Here's an article with more info: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/About-estimated-wait-tim...

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 17 of 20
Rachel_edwards

Hi,

I am currently working on my thesis for college and the renderings are taking over 24 hours to render. Even standard quality is taking over 3hours to render. Do you have any suggestions i can take to make my rendering not take over 24 hours to render

Message 18 of 20
jodiekaysinclair

Hi,

I am also having this problem. I have a hand in in a few hours and currently when trying to render only one thing it is saying it is 2+ hours. Is there anyway to speed this up? I have never experience this before, normally each render only takes a matter of minutes. 

Message 19 of 20

Hello @jodiekaysinclair,

Is this problem still there? 

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 20 of 20
JacobDSimpson

Hi Kelfman,

It could be the complexity of your model or families you have loaded in to your project. Are there a lot of artificial lights in your model, because that is often a cause for my renders running slowly in the past. Maybe try to purge your revit model to remove any unused items, or you could turn off lights in areas that won't be seen. 

If your uploading to the cloud I don't think your internet speed affects the rate at which your render is finished, apart from how long it takes to upload to the cloud. Once in the cloud, it just depends how busy the service is being used and the size and quality level of your image. 

Hope some of this may be of some use. 

All the best, 

Jacob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report