Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions from a new subscriber on A360 Rendering

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
225 Views, 11 Replies

Questions from a new subscriber on A360 Rendering

I just rendered my first images using Render to the Cloud in AutoCAD 2015.  I have a few questions.  First, is there a way to control the size and sharpness of the images?  My renderings were 640 X 480 and they were kind of fuzzy.  This might nave been my fault though because I did notice that I was set to MEDIUM for my RENDER PRESETS.  If I change my presets to PRESENTATION and and pick 1024 x 768, do I get the clear renderings like what I have on my computer.  Second, I really like some of the effects that appeared in the renderings that were not in the images when I render them in AutoCAD.  The glass reflected images a lot better in the cloud renderings then they did on my computer.  Is the cloud renderer better then the one I use in ACAD 2015?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
anavaidya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

It's great to know that you rendered your first images on the Cloud! When you render from AutoCAD, you can only render in one size - 640x480. This is your preview image. You can then view it on My Renderings ], choose Re-render, then pick a size that you would like. You can also choose the quality - standard or final. Final quality will give you the best result.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: anavaidya

Thanks!!!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I have another question.  I have the model that I made in AutoCAD 2016.  I have a Samsung 7S and the viewer that comes with it so I can view 3D VR apps with the phone and the viewer.  Can I use the model and incorporate it into the VR viewer so I can "walk through" the house that I modeled and interact with things and if so, how do I do it?  Does the phone have enough horsepower to run something like this or do I need to buy the Oculus Rift or that type of viewer to get this to work?

Message 5 of 12
anavaidya

Once you render a still image, you can go back to My Renderings and Render-As -> Stereo Panorama. You can then view these panoramas on your mobile device using Google cardboard. Try it out and see if this works for you.

More info - http://docs.autodesk.com/ADSK360/help/ENU/rendering/index.html#!/url=./files/GUID-04ABDDCA-4F5D-4EB7...

Also visit our blog for more related articles, tips & tricks - http://autodesk360rendering.typepad.com/blog/

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

I don't have Google cardboard, my son actually has a Samsung 7S and the viewer.  Is that the same thing?  Will it work on this?  Also, is it possible to make something in the VR environment interactive?  Like be able to pick up a chair or move an object with this technology?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

More questions. Smiley Wink What are the best settings to use when I render a Stereo Panorama and how many credits will I use?  Also, what do the credits cost when I have to start buying them?  Thanks for all your help!!!

Message 8 of 12
anavaidya

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, it should work with Samsung 7S. Give it a try!

Interactivity is not possible since these are pre-rendered images. For that try Autodesk Stingray & Live.

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

How do you load this on the Samsung s7?  Do you have any directions on what I need to do?  I'm kinda new to the VR game and it is my son's phone.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

What I have is a Gear VR that works with his phone.  Is cardboard app compatible with the GEAR VR?

Message 11 of 12
anavaidya

Hi @Anonymous,

I gave you the links before.

1. render a still image, then go to My Renderings and Render-As -> Stereo Panorama.Make sure you choose width = 1536 px.

2. Download the stereo panorama for GearVR.

3. Use those files on your GearVR to view them

Blog post - http://autodesk360rendering.typepad.com/blog/2016/07/download-stereo-panorama-for-gearvr.html

More info on just rendering a stereo to view on your phone (using html link) - http://docs.autodesk.com/ADSK360/help/ENU/rendering/index.html#!/url=./files/GUID-04ABDDCA-4F5D-4EB7...

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Another question on this.  When I render the file on my computer, it looks great and all the materials are in the file, some of them I made myself and some that were in ACAD.  But when I render them in the cloud, a few of the materials that I made myself have shifted a bit, and some of them are not on the models at all.  I added pictures to the model on the walls that I added and the pictures are there but they are not centered.  This might be due to the fact that I didn't have them in the right spot in the first place.  But I added a slate floor texture to the kitchen and hallway floor and this material doesn't show up at all.  Why is that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report