Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no lights fron Navisworks rendering in the cloud

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
520 Views, 5 Replies

no lights fron Navisworks rendering in the cloud

Hi All,

I am new to the cloud, but I thought it should be fairly straight forward, but alas 😞

I have created a model in AutoCAD and have brought that into NW2016 to apply all the materials and lights etc. and then produce a render. It all works ok if its a local render, but as soon as I render on the cloud all the lights disapear and the image gets really grainy. I would like to use the cloud to reduce downtime and also the use of the panorama view. Does anyone have any ideas why in NW it looks ok but in 360 the lights go out?

Thanks,

SC

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
anavaidya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Are you only using artificial lights? How many lights do you have in your scene? Also, it will be great if you attach a sceenshot here. Here is more information about Lighting setup in Navisworks.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/NAV/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-E895A8B8-AEA6-449A-BEC5-339E91ABD497

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: anavaidya

Hi Aradhana,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using web lights in the model (directly placed from Navisworks) As the scene is inside without windows there is no need for the sun to be on. It works ok by doing a raytrace in the software but looks terrible in the cloud render. I have attached 2 images showing the difference.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,

SC

Message 4 of 6
williamt.rabe
in reply to: Anonymous

I cannot get ANY indoor scenes to render as a stereo panorama. Which is great because the client wants it and the demo accidentally let some sunlight in and thats the ONLY way I can get anything other than a black screen.

Message 5 of 6

Hi @williamt.rabe

This is an known issue of the Navisworks translator, and will be fixed by Navisworks 2018 release. Apologize for it. 

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 6 of 6

Doesnt appear to work in 2018 either.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report