A360 Rendering Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Rendering topics.
This page has been translated for your convenience with an automatic translation service. This is not an official translation and may contain errors and inaccurate translations. Autodesk does not warrant, either expressly or implied, the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information translated by the machine translation service and will not be liable for damages or losses caused by the trust placed in the translation service. To translate this discussion, select the language.

A360 Rendering Forum

Post 1 of 8

New version of Stereo Panorama renderings

917 Views, 7 Replies
10-22-2015 06:17 AM

Are you someone who has been using stereo panorama renderings for client presentations and visualizing your interior spaces? If so, you'll be excited to know that we now have a new version for stereo panorama with enhancements. We listened to all the feedback provided by our customers and worked towards providing these features.

Here is what you will see with the new stereo panorama

• Oculus Rift support. You now have the ability to view your stereo panorama renderings using not only VR cardboard googles, but also devices like Oculus Rift.
  • Render in different resolutions based on your device screen resolution.
  • Free renderings available by selecting the low-resolution standard quality render, which is good for previewing. Pay using cloud credits for final high-resolution renders.
  • A 360 degree preview for renderings available in the My Rendering gallery.
  • Full-screen viewing of your renderings can be done in the browser.
  • Download your renderings as a zip file which contains the left and right images, html file and instructions.
  • Composite your own environment by downloading image file (png) which has an alpha channel.
  • See progressive updated view of your rendering as it proceeds. 
  • Ability to view renderings in offline mode.
  • Render As -> Stereo panorama from a regular panorama rendering.

The process to create these renderings remains the same and we hope you see value in these enhancements. As always, let us know if you have questions or need more information. 

Aradhana Vaidya
Sr. Customer Success Engineer, A360 Rendering
Post 2 of 8

Re: New version of Stereo Panorama renderings

10-23-2015 12:13 PM in reply to: anavaidya

So I was unable to get the panorama to show on my rift. When I downloaded the Panorama.zip the readme file did not include any information on the rift. What is the process for the Rift?

Post 3 of 8

10-23-2015 03:52 PM in reply to: mdoyle
For stereo panoramas to work with Rift, you need a browser which has webVR enabled. We will post detailed instructions on this in a day or two.

Thanks,
Aradhana Vaidya
Post 4 of 8

11-25-2015 11:05 PM in reply to: mdoyle
Instructions are now posted on http://pano.autodesk.com
Post 5 of 8

12-03-2015 10:42 AM in reply to: bealem

Would it be possible to create a fine detailed instruction. I was unable to get my rift to work. Is it dependent on a certain firmware for the rift. I am running version 6 as it works with other BIM software I am using. I've noticed the Rift to advance faster than the software supporting it. Switching to the latest version is not preferred.

Highlighted
Post 6 of 8

12-11-2015 09:01 AM in reply to: mdoyle

Hi @mdoyle,

I have posted instructions here: http://autodesk360rendering.typepad.com/blog/2015/12/how-to-view-stereo-panoramas-on-vr-devices.html

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Aradhana Vaidya
Post 7 of 8

11-29-2016 08:47 AM in reply to: anavaidya
Can you make it Dynamic with the Stereo Pano Renderings? so there are hot points/keys to move through the model?
Post 8 of 8

11-30-2016 11:55 AM in reply to: dchobanoff

Hi @dchobanoff,

Currently, you can render multiple stereo panorama renders and then connect them using Play. This involves many steps. But try it and give us your feedback. If this is what you are looking for, we'll work towards simplifying it.

Steps - http://autodesk360rendering.typepad.com/blog/2016/11/connected-panoramas.html

Example - https://play.autodesk.com/pub/au2016pano

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post