Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New version of Stereo Panorama renderings

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
anavaidya
4010 Views, 11 Replies

New version of Stereo Panorama renderings

Are you someone who has been using stereo panorama renderings for client presentations and visualizing your interior spaces? If so, you'll be excited to know that we now have a new version for stereo panorama with enhancements. We listened to all the feedback provided by our customers and worked towards providing these features.

new_stereo.jpg

Here is what you will see with the new stereo panorama

• Oculus Rift support. You now have the ability to view your stereo panorama renderings using not only VR cardboard googles, but also devices like Oculus Rift.
  • Render in different resolutions based on your device screen resolution.
  • Free renderings available by selecting the low-resolution standard quality render, which is good for previewing. Pay using cloud credits for final high-resolution renders.
  • A 360 degree preview for renderings available in the My Rendering gallery.
  • Full-screen viewing of your renderings can be done in the browser.
  • Download your renderings as a zip file which contains the left and right images, html file and instructions.
  • Composite your own environment by downloading image file (png) which has an alpha channel.
  • See progressive updated view of your rendering as it proceeds. 
  • Ability to view renderings in offline mode.
  • Render As -> Stereo panorama from a regular panorama rendering.

The process to create these renderings remains the same and we hope you see value in these enhancements. As always, let us know if you have questions or need more information. 

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mdoyle
in reply to: anavaidya

So I was unable to get the panorama to show on my rift. When I downloaded the Panorama.zip the readme file did not include any information on the rift. What is the process for the Rift?

Message 3 of 12
anavaidya
in reply to: mdoyle

For stereo panoramas to work with Rift, you need a browser which has webVR enabled. We will post detailed instructions on this in a day or two.

Thanks,
Aradhana Vaidya
Message 4 of 12
bealem

Instructions are now posted on http://pano.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 12
mdoyle
in reply to: bealem

Would it be possible to create a fine detailed instruction. I was unable to get my rift to work. Is it dependent on a certain firmware for the rift. I am running version 6 as it works with other BIM software I am using. I've noticed the Rift to advance faster than the software supporting it. Switching to the latest version is not preferred.

Message 6 of 12
anavaidya

Hi @mdoyle,

I have posted instructions here: http://autodesk360rendering.typepad.com/blog/2015/12/how-to-view-stereo-panoramas-on-vr-devices.html

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 7 of 12
dchobanoff

Can you make it Dynamic with the Stereo Pano Renderings? so there are hot points/keys to move through the model?
Message 8 of 12
anavaidya
in reply to: dchobanoff

Hi @dchobanoff,

Currently, you can render multiple stereo panorama renders and then connect them using Play. This involves many steps. But try it and give us your feedback. If this is what you are looking for, we'll work towards simplifying it.

Steps - http://autodesk360rendering.typepad.com/blog/2016/11/connected-panoramas.html

Example - https://play.autodesk.com/pub/au2016pano

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 9 of 12
iamnareshcivil

We are professional WebVR developers.Can we download 360 rendered panorama  from revit and add into any of our custom websites like client sites .

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 12
Tom_Herold

Hello! 

Is it possible to render the Stereo-Panorama images in "shaded mode"? I already set all my Viewpoints in Navisworks(2017) to "shaded mode" but when I render the images I only recieve them in "Full render mode". Thats pretty sad because I need the shaded mode for the differents colours. Am I missing any options or is it currently not possible?

Best regards

Tom Herold

Message 11 of 12
cbgallatin

Any plans for an update for easy file viewing on the oculus go? Many A&E firms are moving to VR and Oculus Go seems to be the favorite among many. 

thanks

Message 12 of 12
adminJHCFU

Is it possible to do the opposite that this software does? Basically, I want to be able to take a bunch of 360 stereoscopic footage with the Insta360 Pro and use post-production methods to render a fully 3D environment that can be opened and manipulated in CAD, Unity, or Unreal Editor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report