Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypothetical: The rendering guy in the office quits

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mdoyle
285 Views, 9 Replies

Hypothetical: The rendering guy in the office quits

So here is the scenario:

The office rendering guy just landed a job with a competitor across town. Meanwhile he's been using A360 Rendering since it began. Rendering about 50 projects. All the project files / renderings are tied to his Autodesk ID.

Problem:

How  does a company retrieve these files /renderings after render guy leaves? Can project files be transferred to another ID? What happens to all this work, is it just erased?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
wispoxy
in reply to: mdoyle

Hello @mdoyle,

Give the person a call and request the files. The project files can be transferred manually from Autodesk account, to Computer, to another Autodesk account. The work won't be automatically deleted, it requires manual deletion.

Message 3 of 10
mdoyle
in reply to: wispoxy

So if we were in Render guys account, we could transfer a project to a different Autodesk ID. Can you include a screenshot. @wispoxy

Message 4 of 10
wispoxy

No, I said 'from Autodesk account, to Computer, to another Autodesk account.' I did not say from Autodesk account to another Autodesk account.
Message 5 of 10
hutchij

I've asked the product managers to jump in here. Technically speaking we could help to migrate this data if the automated tools don't exist yet. But I think the first question is, "was the rendering done on an Autodesk ID under your subscription"?  We can go from there? 

Message 6 of 10
mdoyle
in reply to: hutchij

So first off there is no emergency, but for the sake of the scenario. Could the data be transferred between users within the same subscription?
Message 7 of 10
wispoxy

Just saw the word "hypothetical"
Message 8 of 10
wispoxy

If the subscription is under both Autodesk IDs, I can imagine Autodesk could probably assist you in a transfer.
Message 9 of 10
hutchij

"No Emergency" - glad to hear it. 

I've asked the PMs to chime in regarding the legal, security, terms, etc.  

Hypothetically, we can transfer the data. 

John

Message 10 of 10
hutchij

I heard back from the Product managers. There is a well-documented process for integrating accounts. It involves some legal diligence to establish appropriate rights to the data. I won't go into it here, but you can contact me privately if you want the details (and I'll refer you to the right folks <g>)  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report