Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I allocate cloud credits to users within large organization?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Fabio_Roberti
1615 Views, 6 Replies

How do I allocate cloud credits to users within large organization?

Cloud credits cannot be allocated at the user level but are shared by users on the contract. 

Would be possible to create sub-contracts or split the contract in teams?

I would like to split the cloud credits into teams.

Regards,

Fabio

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

[deleted]

Message 3 of 7
anavaidya
in reply to: Fabio_Roberti

Hi Fabio,

Cloud credits cannot be allocated at the user level but are shared by users on the contract. However, contract administrators can turn on/off access to cloud services for named users.
Here's more info: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/subscription-management/subscript...

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 4 of 7
Fabio_Roberti
in reply to: anavaidya

Hi Aradhana,

Thank you for your replay.

I would like to track the cloud credits by project and be able to assign cost to projects. Unfortunately, I will not be able to have a single pool of credits for the whole company.

Do you think it may be possible to capture cloud rendering events via the API which will create a report of cloud credit expenditure from a plug-in for Revit?

The alternative option to manage credits would be by creating a project on A360 and assign the cloud credits to the project. The drawback of this approach is that we will have an extra cost to add staff to A360. Do you know if it is possible in the future to render through the A360 website?

As the cloud credits are allocated to contracts, would be possible to create sub-contracts under the main contract to assign people to use credits? Probably it is not possible but it would be a quick solution to assign cost to projects.

Regards,

Fabio

Message 5 of 7
wiza3000
in reply to: michael.hall

How do I allocate cloud credits to specific users within large department with several sub departments? I would like to redirect cloud credits from users that will not need them. 

Message 6 of 7
anavaidya
in reply to: wiza3000

Hi @wiza3000,

This is not a rendering question, so we don't have a detailed answer. I have forwarded your question to the Support team and someone will connect with you directly via email.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 7 of 7
wiza3000
in reply to: anavaidya

I am preparing to render several projects in the cloud, however I need to acquire cloud credits from other users. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report