Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQs - Stereo panorama

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
anavaidya
9985 Views, 34 Replies

FAQs - Stereo panorama

Here is a list of frequently asked questions related to rendering stereo panoramas.

Which devices will this feature will work on? What are the supported browsers?
Stereo panorama feature works on webGL technology. So generally speaking, it will work on all iPhones with OS 8.0 and above using Safari browser. It will work on Android devices using Chrome/Firefox browser. Install the latest OS update and browser update on your device.

Why do I see a black screen when I click the link on my phone?
If you are using an iPhone, install the latest OS update (8.0 and above) and use Safari browser. If you are using an Android  device, use Chrome or Firefox browser and make sure that you have the latest version of the browser. Android devices with the Mali GPU will only work with Firefox browser.

I have Chrome, why does stereo panorama not work for me?
Make sure that you have installed the latest version of Chrome and check the following
- webGL enabled
- javascript enabled

I see the "rotate your phone" message, but nothing happens after that.
Make sure that the rotation lock on your phone is disabled and then try.

I can see the stereo image, but it is stuck in one spot. It does not update when I turn my head around. Why is this happening?

Make sure that the device you are using has a gyroscope. If it does not, the view will not update

Also, most VR cardboard googles have magnets on them which may interfere with some phones. If your panorama stays locked, remove the magnet on the case and try again. This will fix the issue.

Why doesn't this work on my windows phone?

Windows phones are not supported at this time.

Can I view this on my desktop like a regular panorama rendering?

We are going to add this functionality soon.

I feel like the distance between the left eye and right eye images is incorrect and I don't see a good stereo image.
Try viewing the image on a different device and see if the problem persists. We will be adding the ability to create renders specific to the device on which you will be viewing. Stay tuned!

Can I download this panorama as html with two images side-by-side and host it on my website?
We will make this available to our customers soon with step-by-step instructions. Stay tuned!

Can students use this feature for free after August 31st?
Sure

How much will it cost after the free period ends on August 31st?
It will cost the same as rendering a regular panorama image.

Is there a way to make this work with my Oculus Rift?
In order to work with Oculus Rift, you will need to build your own "stereo panorama player". We are looking into writing a technical post which digs into the details with code samples. As you can imagine, it is time consuming and needs developer input. We'll keep you updated if and when we post this information.

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
anavaidya
in reply to: Cwarden03

Yes, all the current functionality will still be there including viewing it on mobile devices. Downloading the images is an additional feature.
Aradhana Vaidya
Message 22 of 35
jordan.walker
in reply to: anavaidya

Is there a way to scroll through images, maybe with the magnetic button or by looking at a spot?

Message 23 of 35
anavaidya
in reply to: jordan.walker

Hi @jordan.walker,

We don't have that functionality.

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 24 of 35
am.id

I am a Windows Phone 10 user and as of yesterday I was able to view the panorama on my phone's browser without an issue. 😄 Yay technology!

Message 25 of 35
aszpara
in reply to: dave.koenen

"Is there a simpler way to view the downloaded stereo Pano  files without having to go to the URL provided by the cloud renderer?"

I was investigating using the A360 app to view the images instead of accessing via link on the mobile devices. After pushing the project images into the A360 drive, I see the files stored, bt cannot open or preview them? After the loading wheel appears, an error message pops up.

A360 Error Message.PNG

Has there been a solution to the problem?

Message 26 of 35
michael.abric

Hello, the stereopanorama render works very well for me but it only one time... Now, the check box "preview on my phone" is not displaying anymore below my picture. Do you have any clue to solve my problem? Thank you by advance.
Message 27 of 35
anavaidya
in reply to: michael.abric

Hi @michael.abric,

Which browser are you using? If you are using Chrome, make sure that Flash is enabled. You can check it by typing “chrome://plugins/” and then enable it. 

On the My Renderings page, do you have multiple projects expanded and are you looking at more than one stereo panorama at a time? Sometimes that can create a problem. Just expand current project and click on the stereo panorama thumbnail and you should see "Preview on your Phone" box.

Let me know if it works.

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 28 of 35
michael.abric

Hi, thanks for your quick answer. I am currently on firefox. On "my rendering", I have indeed many project displayed but none of them are expanded. I expanded the stereo panorama thumbnail I need as you suggested, but it still doesn't work. I even tried different ways to do that (opening everything, closing everything, opening the one I need with a diffrent order). Could the fact that other project are displayed is the source of the problem? Waiting for your opinion / suggestions. Best regards.
Message 29 of 35
anavaidya
in reply to: michael.abric

Hi @michael.abric,

This button is Flash-based, so make sure that Flash is enabled in Firefox. Also, make sure you have the latest browser upate. Alternatively please use Chrome. Let me know if that works.

We are working towards refactoring the My Renderings page, to fix these dependencies.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 30 of 35
SamuelAB

Hi @anavaidya

What is the IPD (interpupillary distance) that the stereoscopic image is generated at? Most apps let us choose a specific IPD.

Thank you.

Message 31 of 35
janu0861

Hi there

I am a student

I recently rendered 6 amazing  stereo panoramas, final quality, advanced exposure, and 2046pix wide - at required 13 credits of 16. and now, suddenly only render standard and 1024px  is available.. ?

Is there a limit on how many top quality stereo panoramas i will be able to do?

Looking forward to an answer, because i really want to do more..

With kind regards

Janus Fisker

Student at Copenhagen Business  Academy, building construction.

Message 32 of 35
anavaidya
in reply to: janu0861

-- edited. Earlier, I answered without seeing your screenshot --

Hi @janu0861,

There is no limit on the no. of stereo panoramas that you can render. Since you are a student, you can use 16 cloud credits per request. So as long as you don't exceed that, it should work. 

So I'm not sure why this is happening. It might be a temporary glitch. Close the "Render in Cloud" window and try again. Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 33 of 35
janu0861

Hi Anavaidya

I will keep my hopes up, that its just a glitch. I have been "locked out", since Wednesday last week.

I just tjecked again right now, and i am still only capable of ordering renderings at 2 credits.

With kind regards

Janus

Message 34 of 35
anavaidya
in reply to: janu0861

Replied via email. Your account seems to be unique.

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 35 of 35
victor_martinez

Make sure your windows phone browser is set to mobile and not desktop. Viewing panos on my windows phone works if I set it to that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report