Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQs - Stereo panorama

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
anavaidya
9929 Views, 34 Replies

FAQs - Stereo panorama

Here is a list of frequently asked questions related to rendering stereo panoramas.

Which devices will this feature will work on? What are the supported browsers?
Stereo panorama feature works on webGL technology. So generally speaking, it will work on all iPhones with OS 8.0 and above using Safari browser. It will work on Android devices using Chrome/Firefox browser. Install the latest OS update and browser update on your device.

Why do I see a black screen when I click the link on my phone?
If you are using an iPhone, install the latest OS update (8.0 and above) and use Safari browser. If you are using an Android  device, use Chrome or Firefox browser and make sure that you have the latest version of the browser. Android devices with the Mali GPU will only work with Firefox browser.

I have Chrome, why does stereo panorama not work for me?
Make sure that you have installed the latest version of Chrome and check the following
- webGL enabled
- javascript enabled

I see the "rotate your phone" message, but nothing happens after that.
Make sure that the rotation lock on your phone is disabled and then try.

I can see the stereo image, but it is stuck in one spot. It does not update when I turn my head around. Why is this happening?

Make sure that the device you are using has a gyroscope. If it does not, the view will not update

Also, most VR cardboard googles have magnets on them which may interfere with some phones. If your panorama stays locked, remove the magnet on the case and try again. This will fix the issue.

Why doesn't this work on my windows phone?

Windows phones are not supported at this time.

Can I view this on my desktop like a regular panorama rendering?

We are going to add this functionality soon.

I feel like the distance between the left eye and right eye images is incorrect and I don't see a good stereo image.
Try viewing the image on a different device and see if the problem persists. We will be adding the ability to create renders specific to the device on which you will be viewing. Stay tuned!

Can I download this panorama as html with two images side-by-side and host it on my website?
We will make this available to our customers soon with step-by-step instructions. Stay tuned!

Can students use this feature for free after August 31st?
Sure

How much will it cost after the free period ends on August 31st?
It will cost the same as rendering a regular panorama image.

Is there a way to make this work with my Oculus Rift?
In order to work with Oculus Rift, you will need to build your own "stereo panorama player". We are looking into writing a technical post which digs into the details with code samples. As you can imagine, it is time consuming and needs developer input. We'll keep you updated if and when we post this information.

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
34 REPLIES 34
Message 2 of 35
hughbitzer
in reply to: anavaidya

Compatibility with the Oculus Rift would be great! (as well as the Gear VR). The Rift obviously represents a huge part of the VR market right now.
Message 3 of 35
2zzxzzx2

“select “Preview on your phone” and copy the URL it produces”

But,i can't find where is select “Preview on your phone” .

could you capture pictures?

Message 4 of 35
anavaidya
in reply to: 2zzxzzx2

In order to get the URL,

- Go to My Renderings.

- Click on your stereo panorama thumbnail to expand it.

- At the bottom of this image, you will see a check box, “Preview on your phone”

- Check that box and a URL will be generated.

- Send this link to your phone and view it using Chrome browser.

pano_URL.png

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 5 of 35
2zzxzzx2

i thought "panorama" as "stereo panorama".

the problem is resolved.

thank you very much.

Message 6 of 35
dave.koenen

Can the alpha transparency background functionality be made available for stereographic panorama.  It seems that it could be an easy option to add to that.

Higher resolution for Stereo Panoramas:  is there a maximum resolution (2048x2048) that is set based upon  the ability of the viewer application?  Even 3000x3000 would be a significant improvement visually; will there be other options that can be bought with cloud credits?   We have a client who is asking for this and we want to provide the absolute best quality possible. Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 35
hughbitzer
in reply to: dave.koenen

I'm guessing it's restricted to 2048x2048 because it's still a beta feature and free. That said, please give us the option to render higher resolutions Autodesk! It's an awesome feature, but the current size is basically useless with how little detail a 2k x 2k images provide. VR, unlike flat computer screens or print, demands the highest resolution you can muster because you're seeing the image magnified right in front of your face, like sticking your head up close to a tv screen. Right now the highest resolution achievable with VR devices is the Samsung Gear VR, which uses the Note 4 and its 2560x1440px screen. As I've said on other threads before, to fully utilize that type of resolution takes a monstrous image size of 18,432x1536px (in stereo cubemap format vs. Autodesk's current top bottom type). An image like that takes a long time to render, but the resulting stereo panoramas are stunning. Here are some great examples that are free to view or download: http://render.otoy.com/vr_gallery.php I only have an Oculus Rift DK2 with a little more than half that resolution (1920x1080) and viewing these is already quite incredible. The 2k x 2k A360 images don't even compare - not because of image quality but because of the miniscule resolution. (if you happen to own a DK2, you can view the above images using Virtual Desktop - http://www.vrdesktop.net/)
Message 8 of 35
anavaidya

@dave.koenen - Alpha transparency ia not available right now for stereo panoram renders. I'll put in a feature request, if you think it would be useful. How would you composite the image? 

@dave.koenen and @hughbitzer - You are right. This feature is still in beta and free, so we do not have a higher resolution option yet. We are still working towards improving the experience for our customers. Once it's ready for release, we might add options to render at different resolutions.

Thanks for your feedback.... it's great to get your input and see that you value the feature.

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 9 of 35
dave.koenen

I would drop in a sky background in photoshop and disregard the inaccuracies of it appearing three dimensionally.  Someone I work with here  believes he could rewrite the viewer script to point to the new right and left images but  Is there a simpler way to view the downloaded stereo Pano  files without having to go to the URL provided by the cloud renderer?  Thanks

Message 10 of 35
rmiranda

@anavaidya wrote:

Here is a list of frequently asked questions related to rendering stereo panoramas.

How much will it cost after the free period ends on August 31st?
It will cost the same as rendering a regular panorama image.

What is the ballpark cost of "rendering a regular panorama image?"

Message 11 of 35
anavaidya
in reply to: rmiranda

@rmiranda - A regular panorama needs 6 images. If you render 1000px panorama, it is 1000x1000x6 = 6 megapixels.

For a standard quality panorama is 0.25 cloud credits per megapixel.

For a final quality panorama is 0.5 cloud credits per megapixel.

Then cloud credits are rounded off to the nearest integer.

Here are more details: http://docs.autodesk.com/ADSK360/help/ENU/rendering/index.html#!/url=./files/GUID-4496707E-30AC-4581...

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 12 of 35
pi1.anik

Good day!

Tell me, please, what version of Android is compatible with this technology.

I mean, for example, Android 4.4 Kitkat with Chrome would show stereo panoramas?

Where can I find details about system requirements for this features?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 35
jhudtwalcker

I get the image very good in my phone... works well with cardboard... but when I try to watch above, the image goes down... and when I watch down, the image shows me up... seems like the vertical axis is inverted.  

It happens with all the A360 views, included those in your gallery.  With other panoramas, from other apps, there is no problem... ¿any idea there?

thanks in advance

(btw: I use a Galaxy S4)

Message 14 of 35
bealem
in reply to: jhudtwalcker

For the standard panorama (not the stereo panorama), if you are experiencing inverted motion, you can try two things...

1. Rotate your Galaxy S4 (similarly with the ipad) by 180' degrees

2. If you are using Firefox with a Mali GPU, this is a known issue we are addressing.

Did this fix the issue?

Message 15 of 35
bealem

Hi Dave,

To download the panorama files offline, you need to copy the following files:

http://cardboard.autodesk.com/panos/<panoID>.jpg

http://cardboard.autodesk.com/panos/<panoID>L.jpg

http://cardboard.autodesk.com/panos/<panoID>R.jpg

http://cardboard.autodesk.com/panos/<panoID>_th.jpg

http://cardboard.autodesk.com/panoglr.html

http://cardboard.autodesk.com/rotate-phone-poster.png

you can use a 'curl' or 'wget' commandline to download these files, or download them directly by pasting each line in the address field of your browser.

For example, if your panoID was a63962ce-5a90-465f-bc61-b32cd136c726 then you could run the commands:

> wget a63962ce-5a90-465f-bc61-b32cd136c726.jpg

> wget a63962ce-5a90-465f-bc61-b32cd136c726L.jpg

> wget a63962ce-5a90-465f-bc61-b32cd136c726R.jpg

etc

Once you've downloaded the 6 files, open up the file 'panoglr.html' in chrome browser.  Add the following to the end of the url:

"?url=<panoID>"

for example:
"panoglr.html?url=a63962ce-5a90-465f-bc61-b32cd136c726"

Message 16 of 35
pi1.anik
in reply to: pi1.anik

What I found - is that video card on my smarthone has no driver compatible with webGL and in advanced options there is information: "WebGL: Unavailable".

The solution is to change device.

Tags (2)
Message 17 of 35
Cwarden03

When will the ability be there to download the Stereo panoramas?

Message 18 of 35
anavaidya
in reply to: Cwarden03

@Cwarden03 - We are working towards this feature. We are thinking of providing a zip file containing the left-eye and right-eye image and the html file so that you can view it in a browser. Will that help? Let us know if you have any additional requirements or suggestions.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 19 of 35
Cwarden03

Will it still be available to be viewed on the mobile devices and is there a time frame?

Chris Warden
BIM Manager
cwarden@treanorarchitects.com
Treanor Architects
1040 Vermont St.
Lawrence, KS 66044

Direct: 785.727.2416
Office: 785.842.4858
Strength Through Expertise
www.treanorarchitects.com

Connect with Treanor Architects on our social sites.

Upload Files
Message 20 of 35
Cwarden03

Will it still be available to be viewed on the mobile devices and is there a time frame?

Chris Warden
BIM Manager
cwarden@treanorarchitects.com
Treanor Architects
1040 Vermont St.
Lawrence, KS 66044

Direct: 785.727.2416
Office: 785.842.4858
Strength Through Expertise
www.treanorarchitects.com

Connect with Treanor Architects on our social sites.

Upload Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report