Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every material rendered as white

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
f.ristori
1808 Views, 9 Replies

Every material rendered as white

Hello everyone,

I am trying hardly to understand why no material is rendered as blank - white - on 360 rendering.

On AutoCAD (2014 version) materials are correctly displayed but after uploading and rendering I have no chance to see them rendered.

Materials are not customized, I saved in 2013 version, I detached xrefs, purged, but nothing...

I cannot attach the file, it's too big for the forum, but you can find it here if it can help.

Thanks in advance.

Francesco

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
anavaidya
in reply to: f.ristori

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for sharing your file. We are taking a look at it and I'll let you know once I have an update.

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 3 of 10
f.ristori
in reply to: anavaidya

Hi Aradhana,

Thanks for replying, after million attempts I found out that I have to do this to display correctly materials (on cloud rendering only, because on autocad it works fine):

- get the material I want from the material browser

- duplicate the material

- use the duplicated material

If I use just one material that is not duplicated, on some files every material appears as white, while on some others, just the solid where the material was applied appears as white.

It's really weird and a bit boring to do this at anytime but at least I got a solution.

Hope this helps to make some corrections.

Francesco

Message 4 of 10
f.ristori

I am still having the same issue with other drawings, no solution?

Message 5 of 10
anavaidya

Hi,

You mentioned that you have a workaround. Will that work for the other drawings where you are seeing this issue?

We are working towards a fix, but don't have a solution yet.

Thanks,
Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 6 of 10
f.ristori

Dear Aradhana,

Yes of course it works, it's just boring to do the duplication operation for every object/material when you are working a very big model.

Nobody has ever had the same issue?

Thanks

Francesco

Message 7 of 10

Sorry, but I am still having this issue, and it's even worse than before, now the workaround doesn't work anymore, suddenly everything become white and there's no way to restore materials...it's frustrating, but really am I the only one?

Message 8 of 10
agervaz
in reply to: francescoristori

I have the same problem. Please notice me when you find a fix.

Message 9 of 10
agervaz
in reply to: francescoristori

Once the render fail try to render again the uploaded file modifying the render parameters (render quality, file format, exposition, environment, etc.). It worked for me.

S842_EB-3D_5_-_Standard.zip_2016-Dec-08_10-12-57PM-000_dv04.jpgS842_EB-3D_5_-_Standard.zip_2016-Dec-09_10-20-26PM-000_dv04.jpgS842_EB-3D_5_-_Standard.zip_2016-Dec-09_10-20-26PM-000_dv04.jpg

Message 10 of 10
BOGDAN.GALEATA

I have the same issue! Can anyone help pls?  The materials look good in autocad but after upload they appear white.gallery.0 (37).jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report