Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equirectangular rendering download from rendering.360autodesk.com

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jesse.mom
646 Views, 4 Replies

Equirectangular rendering download from rendering.360autodesk.com

Hi,

I'm using the cloud rendering function in revit that renders my images in beautiful stereo panorama's. Viewing these images on phone, tablet and web works well. However, When I download these images using the download function, I get a number of images which are in the 6:1 aspect ratio. However, for a number of applications, stereo images in the equirectangular format (aspect ratio 2:1) are needed. For example for sharing 360 photo's on facebook, and for the majority of third party VR apps as well. Furthermore, I believe equirectangular is becoming an industry standard more and more. 

My Question: is there any way of downloading an equirectangular panorama (360) rendering from renderings.360autodesk.com instead of the 6:1 panorama or 12:1 stereo panorama? If not, is this a feature that I can expect in the near future? 

Thanks in advance,

Jesse

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SallyDong2005
in reply to: jesse.mom

Hi @jesse.mom,

Cloud rendering don't support to download panorama/stereo panorama as equirectangular rendering. I will forward your requirement to our product designer to evaluate it. 

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 3 of 5
anavaidya
in reply to: jesse.mom

Hi Jesse,

The panoramas rendered using Cloud rendering are cube maps. Each cube map can be considered as six separate images that can be mapped onto the faces of a cube, the Left, Front, Right, Back, Down and Up directions respectively, going from left to right across the image. The cubemap format works well with the viewer that is on devices like GearVR and most mobile devices.

Technically, we could give you the option to download as a equirectangular map. But we don't have it now. For now, try to find if there is a tool online that does it.
Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 4 of 5
mloparco
in reply to: anavaidya

Equirectangular is emerging as the industry standard for panoramas, particularly with frameworks like A-Frame. It would be really great to be able to export panos as equirectangulars, perhaps you can move it up the queue with your developers?

Message 5 of 5

Hi

In this video i show a quick and easy method to transform the vertical/horizontal strip image, into a equirectangular format compatible with facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvticMo_cJU

Its in spanish, but easy to follow.

The process start and 6:00 minute.

Hope it can help.

Regards

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report