Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Stereo Pano for GearVR

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
anavaidya
3893 Views, 8 Replies

Download Stereo Pano for GearVR

Since many of our users have been asking for this, I'm happy to let all of you know that we have added Download Stereo Pano for GearVR as an option for stereo panorama renderings. If you want to view your stereo panoramas on GearVR, you no longer need to process the images using ImageMagick and run scripts. We have simplified the process. In order to use this,

- Render a stereo panorama.

- Go to My Renderings, click on the thumbnail and choose "Download Stereo Pano for GearVR"

- A zip file is downloaded to your computer containing the image file and .json file. You can rename the files, if needed. 

- Please note that  if your panorama rendering is of a large size, the file could take a long time to process and download. 

- Copy these files to your Samsung phone's media folder. 

gearVR.png

Remember that, if you want all the original files, you can "Download Stereo-Pano as Zip"

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
freelancette
in reply to: anavaidya

Hello @anavaidya, This is fantastic news! Thank you so much! I'm really looking forward to using this feature a lot more in the future.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: anavaidya

@anavaidya  Can you please guide me on how to see the stereo panorama in the Gear VR. I copied in the media folder the two files. png and json.

But when I access the gallery inside of Gear VR I can only see a panorama image. Can you show me how the output would be when you put it in the Gear VR??

Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
AdamHamilton
in reply to: Anonymous

ditto...what do you do on the gear?

Message 5 of 9
AdamHamilton
in reply to: AdamHamilton

To View on  Samsung Gear VR

Insert Samsung Phone into Gear VR for initial prompt to install Oculus and Gear VR toolsets

Within the Gear VR  environment proceed to Oculus Store and Download ORBX Media Player (formerly OTOY) *FREE

Remove phone from Gear VR  and Plug in USB to Computer (may need to set USB settings to file transfer on phone)

From Render Gallery "Download to Gear VR" stereo panoramas and extract to accessible location > Copy the PNG and JSON file to the \ORBX\Media folder on your Samsung Phone

Re-insert phone to Gear VR > Open ORBX App > navigate to your newly added file and enjoy 

Message 6 of 9
AdamHamilton

You can also create folders in the ORBX > Media folder to seperate your Pano's in the application

ORBX Main.png

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Good Morning, Please download the ORBX App but I do not know how to create this folder in my mobile media. This folder does not appear so I can not view my Panoramas on my device. Best regards Yasmin

Message 8 of 9
AdamHamilton
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous you need to install the ORBX app while in GearVR mode. then disconnect the phone and plug into computer. the ORBX >Media file will then be accessable

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

@AdamHamilton thank u very much. The ORBX folder didn't appear, so In my case I had to restart my cellphone, put it into the VR again, open the ORBX app, open the samples, then disconnect the phone and plug into computer. The ORBX >Media folder had showed up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report